3760Re: [pfaf] Re: A farm for the Future, great documentary!

  • Griselda Mussett
    Mar 14, 2009
      Thank you friends for suggesting watch this inspiring TV programme
      and books to read.
      Really uplifting.
      Griselda

      On 14 Mar 2009, at 09:46, ryborgryborg268 wrote:

      > http://www.motherearthnews.com/Organic-Gardening/1999-04-01/Lasagna-
      > Gardening.aspx
      >
      > --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "ryborgryborg268" <cromlech108@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > wow! Mother Earth news! YIP!
      > >
      > > Take a look at these books:
      > >
      > > http://www.edibleforestgardens.com/
      > >
      > > ..incredible thesis and practical manual, groundbreaking. Get
      > this from the library.
      > >
      > > ..and...
      > >
      > > Perennial Vegetables: From Artichokes to Zuiki Taro, A Gardener's
      > Guide to Over 100 Delicious and Easy to Grow Edibles by Eric
      > Toensmeier. Easier than the previous volume - start with this book.
      > Describes the 'sheet mulching' techinque very very well, and in a
      > perennial vegetable/plants context. Read this and you'll want to
      > enact this in any private or community garden.
      > >
      > > Both these books fit very well with the PFAF future ethos.
      > >

      > > --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Dee Harris <corbywolf13@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > One of the things that my husband talked about was lasagna
      > gardening. After seeing that video, I have to agree. Plus once we
      > get our land, I intend to gather saplings from all over the US so
      > that we will have a bit of everything and that there will be some
      > species of trees and plants that will be saved from extinction.
      > > > Wolf

      The news isn't that fruits and vegetables are good for you ~ it's
      that they are so good for you they could save your life.
      By David Bjerklie, TIME Magazine, October 20,
      2003
      Juice PLUS+ Capsules contain 17 fruits, vegetables, oats and grains.
      The ingredients are apples, cranberries, dates, oranges, papaya,
      peaches, pineapples, beets, broccoli, carrots, cabbage, kale,
      tomatoes, parsley, garlic, spinach, rice bran (no gluten), and oats
      (no gluten).
      and ~ NEW - Juice PLUS+ Vineyard Blend adds Blueberries, Cranberries,
      Concorde Grape, Blackberries, Bilberries, Grape Seed, Raspberry,
      Elderberries, Red Currants, and Black Currants.
      Check it out:
      www.takejuiceplus.co.uk