3755Re: A farm for the Future, great documentary!

  • ryborgryborg268
    Mar 13, 2009
      yep permaculture is definitly sound.

      Very good film.

      mmm, yes my species rich meadow at Brightling, east sussex, uk. - a seething mass of life, planted with standards of fruit and nut trees. I've just mulched with woodchips for weed supressant and moisture retention especially important in the first year of planting. Fertilised with seawead meal - potash for root development. Send me a message and I'll tell you where it is - check it out in late spring/summer...speshial part of the Weald.

      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "R. Dale Asberry" <bozomind@...> wrote:

      > I live in Indiana, a very industrial agricultural area with all the corn, soybeans, hay, and wheat that's grown. Indiana used to be an old growth black walnut forest. Indiana black walnut wood was so prized that it was so overharvested in early America that the only trees that still grow here are diseased, stunted and contorted -- the beautiful trees having been de-evolved by human selection. But, back to topic: I think this video can go a long way in convincing farmers that forest gardening is a much better way to steward the land. I'm going to focus on how the whole cost structure of it changes too. No more need to borrow tens of thousands of dollars to cover seed planting, fertilizers, and -icides. We still have several feet of soil, even if it's mostly dead. With good stewardship, we can have it living again soon.
      >
      > --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Dee Harris <corbywolf13@> wrote:
      > >
      > > This was an eye-opener. It contained so much information and much of what my husband and I had been talking about.
      > > Thanks, Olaf.
      > > Wolf

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic