3754Re: A farm for the Future, great documentary!

  • R. Dale Asberry
    Mar 12, 2009
      I live in Indiana, a very industrial agricultural area with all the corn, soybeans, hay, and wheat that's grown. Indiana used to be an old growth black walnut forest. Indiana black walnut wood was so prized that it was so overharvested in early America that the only trees that still grow here are diseased, stunted and contorted -- the beautiful trees having been de-evolved by human selection. But, back to topic: I think this video can go a long way in convincing farmers that forest gardening is a much better way to steward the land. I'm going to focus on how the whole cost structure of it changes too. No more need to borrow tens of thousands of dollars to cover seed planting, fertilizers, and -icides. We still have several feet of soil, even if it's mostly dead. With good stewardship, we can have it living again soon.

      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Dee Harris <corbywolf13@...> wrote:
      > This was an eye-opener. It contained so much information and much of what my husband and I had been talking about.
      > Thanks, Olaf.
      > Wolf
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic