3474Re: [pfaf] Blue potatoes

    Dec 1, 2008
      They are not GMO, they are old varieties,
      and since fruiting might give new seedling offsprings.
      In Norway we have at least 4 varieties differing in the degree of coloring
      through the tuber,
      being the "blackest one" "Svart Valdres" also yealding the least, looking
      most primitive - elongated tubers with lots of deep eyes.
      The one grown commercially Blå Congo, is an early variety, also grown in
      Sweden.
      THey are blight susceptible, not easy to grow, but tasting OK.
      Especially OK to serve as "Mashed potatoes" in a childrens party...

      Ive tried a few red varieties without luck, much too disease sensitive...

      Geir Flatabø