3358Re: I have a small amount of fresh Crategus (Hawthorn) pedicellato seed available

  • Jim
    Nov 11, 2008
      Hi again ya'll.

      This is from Ultimate Fruits and Nuts by Susanne Llye:

      "Propagation: Seed: The seed coat contains strong germination
      inhibitors, and needs various treatments before it will germinate:
      even then they take 6-18 months. They are best sown fresh in autumn,
      in a cold frame. Some seeds may germinate in spring, but some will
      need a further winter before germinating. It is possible to sow the
      seed when still 'green', and before the seedcoat has hardened: this
      may germinate in spring. Stored seed is more difficult: it needs to
      be warm stratified for -3 months at 15°C, and then cold stratified
      for a further 3 months at 4°C. It may then take another 18 months to
      germinate. In addition, the seeds can be scarified before stratifying
      to enable moisture to reach the kernel, i.e. by scratching the
      seedcoat in some way, or by fermenting the seed for a few days in its
      own pulp. Seedlings should not be allowed to grow for 2 years in a
      nursery bed as they become difficult to transplant. Although tricky
      to germinate, many seeds are nucellar in origin, and grow into
      seedlings that are clones of the parent plant, so predictability of
      offspring is assured".

      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <cromlech108@...> wrote:

      > --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <cromlech108@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <cromlech108@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Send me an email (not to the list please) with a delivery
      address
      > > and
      > > > I'll post them off to u asap for free!
      > > >
      > > > I believe that hawthorn seed will be likely to give 50%
      > > germnination
      > > > the following spring if planted fresh, i.e. now.
      > > >
      > > > The Agroforestery Research Trust says that it tastes good, like
      > > > apple. Its OK, I wouldn't say it tasted fantastic or anything.
      If
      > > you
      > > > are on a foraging meditation it would be useful. It would be
      nice
      > > > grow this seed and so to have it on own rootstock also rather
      > than
      > > > grafted. This is good to be able to do this. That was the idea
      of
      > > the
      > > > project, to grow interesting fruiting/nutting trees and give
      away
      > > > seed, plant material, nuts and fruits for eating, etc.
      > > >
      > > > You would have liked David Everys project, people. A Hazel and
      > > Walnut
      > > > experimental trial crop project on 6 acres in the hills of
      Powys.
> [...]
      > on
      > > > what Every was doing. Difficult to know exactly with cannabis
      in
      > > the
      > > > trip which it was then (that in no way neccessarily makes it
      all
      > in
      > > > ones head by the way, recall that cannabis and magic are mixed
      in
      > > > this exact way in India)...OM
      > >
      > > I feel Every was doing some real time magic thing with vegan
      > > alchemy...mmmm... tree sprit based magic - r that was it...no
      maybe
      > > more...it is something ESPECIALLY as hermetical medicant that the
      > how
      > > can I say, ritual abuse elements of red coat foxhunt try and
      > destroy,
      > > and this sort of ritual abuse being community wide effect
      > > traditionally in rural UK society...something like that
      > > anyway..forces of good and evil like merlin the wizard and that
      > > annoying little boy, Harry Potter, but in reality the British
      > State,
      > > blightyworld that he represents maybe IS the evil source, which
      > > exists through the suppression of the Avalon auspicious goddess
      > > aspect tribal sovereignty reality in the mainstream present day
      > > consciousness. Wow that takes me back.
      > >
      > > blessed be!
      > > >

      > I know that sort of thing sounds k00ky to the mainstream ear
      >
      > Here, I'll try again:
      >
      > Deep in the forest is a myth that becomes real that goes beyond
      human
      > invention. SHE, da goddess! I just connected into it through doing
      > lots and lots of pixying I think..as a natural process. Never been
      > into offical covens, or groups of pagans, or even the Donga clique
      of
      > protesters that were into magic..as you'll know if you'd bothered
      > reading through my rants about them here. No all 'natural magic'
      with
      > me more or less. I think there is something about the Mother
      > Earth/Goddess aspect being absent from the 'western' mind/reality
      due
      > to programming by anti magic ritual abuse...and this ritual abuse
      > paradigm suppresses this aspect individually and especially
      > collectivly, on a society wide basis. Thus 'Avalon' has
      dissappeared
      > into myth and been replaced with blightyworld etc.
      >
      > I felt this process strongly at David Everys place - not
      > that 'Avalon' would neccessarily be veganic of course - because the
      > point of this is that reality is not fixed, can fold by magic, and
      > many realities exist, or can do once mind is liberated (especially
      > from blighty/'christian'/mason world)..but its possible to make
      an
      > auspcious, Goddess/Mother Earth aspected consciousness (and the
      very
      > reality!) within the vegan tree culture etc context.
      I.e. 'alchemy'.
      > Thus stuff is my true love... I think one needs to do 'karma yoga'
      > (good action) to generate sufficent positive energy to be able to
      se
      > it maybe...to be able to break through current western mainstream
      > program of the 'old age' and see reality as it really is..an
      infinite
      > process, folding out new realities through magic. That might be a
      > concept of god? - the infinite universe(s) folding out out
      infinitely
      > through space and time. Why? - a mystery. The Great Mystery as
      Native
      > Americans say.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic