3255Monkey puzzle and sweet chestnut seeds for propogating

  • Frank Bowman
    Oct 27, 2008
      Hi, This is a good site. There seems to be lots of forest garden, edible tree and plant growers on it.

      About myself and getting plants for free:

      Im developing a forest garden, on acres of land in North Wales, high up, (its only good for sheep, its said). I've planted all sorts of berries, black, white, red, raspberries, tayberries, thornless loganberries, sea buckthorn, japanese wineberries, willows, biofuel, basket, etc, bamboo, sweet chestnut, hazel, and the list goes on. I never bought them, I haven't got any money, I live simply, so mostly I've never bought any of the plants, apart from some fruit trees from cheap shops, they're good, gages and plums, pears, and apples, and I used our co-ops memberships money for that!, so I'm a real miserly cheapskate. I'm also a member of a forest garden co-op, so I can get cuttings etc from that garden, I've grown lots of trees from seeds, from the apples, plums, pears that I've eaten. I live in acres of land, so I've used growbags to propagate lots of trees, over the years. I just haven't got the money, and anyway why earn it to spend it, when you don't have to.

      I usually collect lots of hazels and sweet chestnuts, and grow thousands, as it doesn't take much time, and it's a good thing to do. It feels worthwhile. In the grow bag system, I've posted up.

      I want to expand this to grow lots of selections of free forest garden plants. I've only recently discovered that cobs and filberts are big high fruiting cultivated versions of the wild hazel, found in all the hedgerows. Im finding out so much, its exciting, & want to get hold of eliagnus's, and hardy kiwis, and ....

      Its much easier to do it for free, give them away for free, easier all round, as ones not causing people to have to time waste in paid work, and contribute to earth eating, plus I'm a very rich person, as I live a simple life, and get mostly everything for free. In the past, I've earned my little wad, paid for everything, house, land, solar, wind, wood, water and sewage, and that's it, I only need a few essentials. Only a few pounds a week to live a comfy good life. Wouldn't it be nice if everyone did that! And wouldn't it be nice if our forebears had, and left the house, land and everything else, so we didn't have to earn that wad! That would be even better.

      So this autumn, finds me with lots of sweet chestnuts, they're UK Northern fruiting ones, from North Wales, the trees fruit mostly every year, and I've got lots of monkey puzzle nuts, which I cant wait to get experimenting with growing, (Im going to try a few in the growbags, but all the info says you have to pierce them in the compost, like a dart) but there was a shortage of Hazels this year, so haven't got many of them. Otherwise I've got thousands and thousands, yippee!

      If you want some, and live in North Wales, get in touch for me to show you where to pick the Sweet Chestnuts from. If you want me to send you some, Ring or text me, (texting is best, as I haven't got a very good signal here) on 07706589090, and we shall arrange it then, by SAE. Seeds for Free no probs. Monkey puzzles an sweet chestnuts.

      And, Id love to get some cob nuts, and filberts, for growing next year, lots, thousands if I can get my greedy hands on them, and any other forest garden plants, getting them for free by post, I shall send an sae for you to pop them in and sent back to me. Is anyone interested in that?

      Sending me some free seeds, plants, trees?

      Maybe we could get a sharing forest garden plants, seeds, trees system going. That'd be good!

      Best wishes, x Frank.

      "Only when the last tree is cut; only when the last river is polluted; only when the last fish is caught; only then will they realize that you cannot eat money." Cree Proverb

      So? --be an outlaw and a rebel, stop eating, consuming the earth up. do living simple and voluntary simplicity instead! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voluntary_simplicity and http://www.simpleliving.net/content/custom_voluntary_simplicity_part_1.asp

      Gift economy, sharing, = abundance, all fed. sharing is about us, it is -
      The gift economy, is community, voluntary work, family, co-operatives, open source, scientific knowledge sharing, matriarchical societies, free cycle, green movement, permaculture, forest gardening, the earth gives and gives and gives. see www.gift-economy.com