2792Re: The American Grey Squirrel in Europe

  • Jim
    Jul 10, 2008
      ...go on and totally ignore the nut growers and foresters grey
      squirrel urls then wont you, animal rights loony.

      You have your agenda Ingrid, and you're gonna stick to it regardless
      of any actual facts and imperical evidence put in front of you -
      you're a fundimentalist!

      I.e end of any real debate, time to wheel out the standard AR
      references, and keep hammering them home untill you browbeat any
      opposition into submission.

      I started talking to a woman who looked mad or homeless in Paddock
      Wood, Kent. She told me to warn people that there are people going
      around at the dead of night capturing cats for use in 'testing'. I
      pointed out to her that this was possible, but unlikely because
      vivisectors require a standardised product - a uniform and disease
      free product, and cats picked up off the street will not fit this
      requirement. The AR fundimentalist responded with: "I HATE people tht
      kill animals". End of debate. She must obviously therefore, be
      correct. (about cat-napping). She had a trolley thing with a furry
      object inside - either a live or stuffed cat I think.

      No man, thats wrong, 'dids' have been going round stealing cats for
      testing maaaaannnnn, and also stealing babies for use in masonic
      ritual abuse 'alchemy'.

      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, ingrid glass <ingrid_glass@...> wrote:
      > Dear 'manofpeace',
      > If you'd followed the link I gave in my previous response to this
      issue, posted on June 14th, you wouldn't be making these statements
      > I quote from my post :
      > "An alternative view :
      > http://www.junction49.co.uk/chapel/article1469.html
      > Unfortunately the petition has now closed.
      > Red squirrels had been in serious decline well before the
      introduction of greys to the UK, mainly because of habitat removal
      (coniferous forest) and red squirrel culls - note that greys prefer
      deciduous broad-leaved woodland. Also, the squirrelpox virus was here
      BEFORE the greys were!!! They do not kill large no.s of baby birds
      unless there is a food shortage. Deer stripping tree bark is a
      greater problem than the damage greys do. There are many
      disputable 'facts' in the articles you have posted - see my link
      > Humans wreak FAR MORE havoc (I assume you mean havoc rather than
      habit???!!) on habitat, but we are always quick to point the finger
      (and the gun) at some scapegoat or other, rather than ourselves.
      > Fair enough if you are a meat eater - better to go out & kill a
      few squirrels 'humanely' yourself for food, than buy from a shop and
      not know what conditions/life the animal 'endured' before
      becoming 'dead meat' for human consumption. (Oh, and conveniently let
      someone else do the slaughtering for you). But there are other
      control methods available if there really is such a problem with bark
      stripping etc. e.g. catching & mass contraceptive programme for the
      females. Surely it's best to exhaust these possibilities before
      resorting to killing? Except culling is relatively quick & cheap I
      guess....I think that's what it boils down in the end, like most
      things these days.
      > If you really are a 'man of peace', shouldn't you approach a
      problem with peaceful solutions first?
      > Anyway, as I repeat again, this is a forum for discussing plant-
      use matters and so I'm not sure it's the place to discuss
      controversial issues around squirrel control (or not!) except where
      it specifically relates to fruit/nut tree health.