      Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 8:21 AM
      Subject: [pfaf] Vegan/Organic garden with 3 Bedroomed semi-detached house for sale, £86,000 ONO

      It would be very much appreciated if you could pass this email onto
      other people you feel might be interested. Thank you.

      Hi, my son and I are buying a house in Wales and are looking to sell
      our 3 bedroom semi in Borrowash, Derby which we feel will be of
      interest to those who would like to grow a lot of their own food,
      especially those with children.

      *House*

      The house is set at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac off another quiet
      road. The end of the garden backs onto playing fields. It is a brick
      built ex-council house (approx 1950's).

      _Ground floor:_ Lounge (20'x 11'), Kitchen (12'x
      10'), Hallway (9'x
      3'), Utility room (6'x 6'), Wood framed
      `conservatory' – to east of
      house, with grapevine (15'x 7').

      _First floor:_ Bedroom 1 ( 13'x 11'), Bedroom 2 (10'x
      10'), Bedroom 3
      (11'x 6'), Bathroom (6'x 5'), Toilet (4'x 3').

      Air heating solar panel feeds into bedroom 2, with second water
      heating panel partially completed.

      A Rayburn stove that runs on either wood or coal and feeds the hot
      water tank, with the possibility to run some radiators.

      Cavity wall insulation has been added and a thick layer of loft
      insulation (6-9")

      The property is in need of redecoration, and some modernisation and
      there has been some recent work done on it.

      *Garden*

      The garden has been grown organically since I moved here 14 years, and
      vegan organic for the last 7. Before that is was basically
      uncultivated for many years.

      The front garden (33'x23') has been recently improved, with a
      new path
      & turf.

      Along with the location and amenities, the back garden is the selling
      point of the property, being a large 110'long and 30' wide
      next to the
      house widening to 40'at the bottom (total of house area with
      front and
      back garden, just over 1/10^th of an acre (157ft by an average of
      about 33'). The furthest two-thirds of the back garden
      constitutes a
      beautiful semi-mature forest garden. It contains over 50 fruit and
      nuts trees (from 5 to 20 years old). 3 Walnut, 1 Almond, 1 Hazel, 1
      Nectarine, lots of Apples, 5 Pear, 3 Cherry (including one over 20ft
      high used as my sons play tree), 3 Asian pear, 3 Plum, plus
      Blackcurrant, Whitecurrant, Redcurrant bushes, several Gooseberries,
      numerous Raspberries, Blackberries, & 4 Rhubarb plants.

      There is also a vegetable patch out the back next to the house where I
      have grown Beans, Sunflowers, Peas, Courgettes, Garlic etc.

      The total weight of fruit and veg for 2001 was 216kg and with a little
      attention and time, I believe that figure can probably be doubled!

      There is a large (2m * 2m), sunken, brick built BBQ pit nicely shaded
      by trees and raspberries with plenty of room for friends.

      There is also a sun lounger area in the far end of the garden where a
      hammock can be hung between the 25ft Walnut tree and the 20ft cherry
      tree., plus a small pond and we often have frogs and hedgehogs
      visiting us.

      *Location*

      The house is just past the outskirts of Derby, in the village of
      Borrowash, which is surrounded by fields. Two hundred yards away are 2
      children's play areas (one for infants), and a football field (not
      often used for that), and a large grass play area.

      The Ockbrook is a small stream that flows down through the playing
      fields and has willows growing along its banks making it ideal for
      children to play in.

      There are two allotments nearby (approx 700 yards or 3 minutes on a
      bike!) with spare plots for about £8/year.

      See link below for map

      http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=publ
      ic&db=pc&addr1=&client=public&Submit.x=0&addr2=&ad
      vanced=&Submit.y=0&addr3=&pc=DE723JL&quicksearch=de723jl
      <http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=pub
      lic&db=pc&addr1=&client=public&Submit.x=0&addr2=&a
      dvanced=&Submit.y=0&addr3=&pc=DE723JL&quicksearch=de723jl>

      and this link for an aerial view

      http://www.multimap.com/map/photo.cgi?client=publi
      c&x=442262&y=334887&gride=442262&gridn=334887&scal
      e=25000&coordsys=&mapsize=big
      <http://www.multimap.com/map/photo.cgi?client=publ
      ic&x=442262&y=334887&gride=442262&gridn=334887&sca
      le=25000&coordsys=&mapsize=big>

      *Services*

      There are several nearby schools for infant and junior pupils
      including the excellent Redhills school (with Beacon status,1 mile
      away) and Ashbrook just 700 yards away.

      There are two local shopping areas, the first just 400 yards away has
      just a few shops (newsagent/convenience) and the other (which has a
      Safeways, hardware store, dentist, library, pub, Nationwide, Video
      shop, etc) is about 600 yards away.

      There is a garden centre just a mile away, and the doctors is about
      400 yards away.

      Out of town shopping centre with Asda, Sainsburys, Homebase, etc 5
      miles.

      The house has broadband Internet connection, phone and cable
      television provided by NTL.

      Also connected are the standard mains, gas, water and sewage services
      and Council Tax is band "A".

      *Transport*

      Borrowash is well served by bus routes and during the day there is a
      bus to Derby about every 6 minutes and to Nottingham every 8 minutes
      including an express to Derby that takes about 10 minutes.

      Derby (6 miles) and Nottingham (15 miles) both have train and coach
      stations with good links to the buses.

      There is space for parking in the top of the cul-de-sac for a vehicle.

      The A52 is less than 2 minutes drive away which links directly to
      Derby, Nottingham and the M1 (junction 25, 4 miles away)

      *Leisure and Entertainment*

      Elvaston Castle Country Park is approximately 2 miles away with lovely
      walks among the trees. Near there, but closer is the entrance to the
      cycle path that goes along the length of the Derwent River and into
      the centre of Derby.

      Alton towers is just 31 miles away, and the American adventure is in
      Shipley Country Park around 10 miles away.

      Both Derby and Nottingham have multiscreen cinemas, bowling alleys,
      quasar (laser tag game), swimming pools, etc etc. Nottingham also has
      an ice rink. There are also all the other usual pubs, clubs, football
      etc.

      For more details please call Tony on

      01332 679 341

      0798 052 1271