2463Re: [pfaf] OT Mimicry - Witchery

  • Pat Meadows
    May 13, 2008
      On Tue, 13 May 2008 06:43:55 -0500, you wrote:

      >Why is it many "weeds" /plants closely resemble the ornamental or foods
      >plants in a garden where they are growing? More than once, after a double
      >take, I've found camoflaged lurkers......

      Maybe partly because you've already spotted the ones that look very
      different and pulled them.

      Probably partly because our veggie plants were originally developed from
      wild plants - after all, they didn't just spring into life as a broccoli
      plant. :) They came from weeds and people developed them into the plants
      we now eat.

      Pat
      --
      Northern Pennsylvania