2434Re: Biodynamics from a scientific angle

  • vic_doyle
    May 8, 2008
      Thank you very much for your response, I will contact you and send
      you a copy of my work at the same time as others. Together you will
      form a feedback network for me, and that would be a good time to
      create the website. My work has reached a point where I can prove
      that the lunar cycle leaves a mark on plant life, a structural mark
      which provides a stronger "physical direction" a "backbone" for
      growth to develop well.

      Vic

      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Rick van Rein <rick@...> wrote:

      > Hello Vic and others,
      >
      > I am responding to your message in the hope that you are being as
      ernest
      > as I hope you are about showing if/how biodynamics works. I think
      many
      > of us are eager to learn some hard evidence on this interesting
      topic!

      > > I am doing some serious research into biodynamics, particularly
      the
      > > effect of the moons phases on plant and tree growth.
      >
      > That's very interesting, especially if it is scientifically
      approached,
      > that is: with verifying groups planten at random times but
      furthermore
      > under the same (documented) circumstances, with all the conditions
      of the
      > tests made explicit, and with an explicit hypothesis that you are
      trying
      > to (dis)prove based on sound statistical assumptions. Failure is to
      > (dis)prove a hypthesis would also be a result, and interesting to
      know of.
      > The whole idea of a scientific approach is that such research could
      be
      > repeated elsewhere under the same conditions, to verify if the same
      > conclusion can be reached.
      >
      > What I'm trying to say is that you don't need to be a scientist to
      do
      > scientific research, although talking to one about your approach
      could
      > be useful. I'm only a PhD in computer science, making me a less
      suitable
      > methodical source to talk to. I'm sure there are enough scientists
      in
      > botanical or farming research who would be quite willing to help you
      > come up with verifiable scientific evidence.
      >
      > > I've made some
      > > great breakthroughs in this and I'd like to hear others'
      experiences.

      > Which of course are not necessarily of a scientific nature, and
      must be
      > treated accordingly unless evidence of the contrary is provided
      along
      > with the observations/experiences. The biodynamic breakthrough (as
      far
      > as I am concerned) that lots of people are waiting for is objective,
      > comparative proofs or disprovals of the statements made by
      biodynamics.

      > Totally independently, it would be interesting to know if the moon
      works
      > on water, nutrients carried in water, if it works on the seed's
      willingness
      > to sprout, if a cow's horn can be substituted with X, and any such
      effects
      > that explain HOW things work -- but that will only secondary to
      gardeners
      > or farmers, who just want to see IF it works, based on a scientific
      > approach.

> [...]
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic