2411Re: [pfaf] stevia rebaudiana

  • Infowolf1@aol.com
    May 1, 2008
      I have found dried crushed stevia leaf or leaf powder in
      the bulk herb section of health food stores, and put it in
      coffee to good effect, so if it is available online in this
      form I think you guys across The Big Puddle can sidestep
      the no stevia crowd.

      Mary Christine

      In a message dated 5/1/2008 12:35:22 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      michaels4gardens@... writes:

      Johnnys Select seed has Stevia seed, -- www.johnnyseeds.Johnnys Select see

      siderea <_siderea@..._ (mailto:siderea@...) > wrote: I had
      no trouble finding Stevia rebaudiana seeds on Ebay, at minimal
      cost for a packet of 20 seeds. If they grow well, and go to seed, I
      would be glad to send some along.
      Must go read up on their culture now!
      Clear skies!
      lc carol
      Northern California

      Mary Lloyd wrote:
      > Hello, I am interested in Stevia too....managed to locate a supply of the
      powder for use as a healthy herbal sweetener (to many scary stories about
      Aspartame).. Hello, I am interested in Stevia too....ma
      > It seems big business has stopped the sale of Stevia as a sweetener in the
      UK...Sugar and artificial sweeteners are big money here and somehow they
      have interfered with the process that should make Stevia available on the
      shelves. It is an herb with good properties and 300 times sweeter than sugar...I
      guess they would lose substantial business if they made it available to us.
      > I don't know about you, but I have issues with both chemical sweeteners
      and sugar from the health perspective. It is amoral that a healthy alternative
      should be denied us....or put another way, that we are put at risk in order
      to maintain profits for the sweetener/sugar companies.
      > I am interested in growing Stevia too...but will settle for buying it in
      if I can do so. So far, I am not convinced about the supplier. If anyone has
      bought it and used it I would be really glad to hear from you.
      > Love, Whinnie
      > PS...the perennial vegetables are germinating and the artichokes are
      sprouting... PS...the

      listings at AOL Autos.