2409Re: [pfaf] stevia rebaudiana

  • Pat Meadows
    May 1, 2008
      On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 21:16:57 +0100, you wrote:

      >I am interested in growing Stevia too...but will settle for buying it in if I can do so. So far, I am not convinced about the supplier. If anyone has bought it and used it I would be really glad to hear from you.

      I've tried it. I did not like it; it had a licorice taste to me.

      This is possibly genetic; I know that how different people taste saccharine
      is genetic. I could never understand how anyone could possibly use
      saccharine until I found that out - to me, it tastes just like crunching on
      a bit of aluminum foil - horrible, in other words. And yet some people
      taste it as sweet.

      Pat
      --
      Northern Pennsylvania