2404re: Lycium barbarum

  • Steve Sainsbury
    Apr 30 7:36 PM
      Hi Vital,

      Are you asking if Gojis will grow in cool climates? Or were you asking how
      many hours of sun they require?
      Geir seems to have answered the first one (and since the berries are known
      as Himalayan Goji Berries) I'd say they're tolerant of cool climates. Also,
      for the record, they seemed to be going great here in Bermuda until the
      slugs got mine.

      As for the length of sulight hours, Tibet (where Gojis are grown for
      production) is a very sunny place. It apaprently gets as much as 3600 hours
      of sunlight a year - Lhasa is nicknamed the "sunlight city." One
      description states: "low temperature, long-day sunshine, strong sunlight,
      predictable rainfall (mostly) and thin air"...

      Hope that helped.. sorry no L. barbarum experts in my contact list - just
      Google search.

      Peace.

      Steve.