2327Re: [pfaf] re: "errant" individuals planting food trees in public

  • Mary Lloyd
    Apr 10, 2008
      I love this post Steve.

      Our local council are taking all the greenest places to build houses on,
      and creating "parks" out of what is left of the countryside. It is
      getting hard to find somewhere to walk that isn't managed or manipulated
      by unscrupulous and greedy man.

      I think it is a great point that birds and other creatures don't have to
      ask permission to help disperse seeds, and neither does the wind. If we
      are going to work with nature we have to start compensating somehow for
      the widespread carnage that is known as "development".

      This forum has rekindled my interest in wild foods that are indigenous,
      and there seem to be a few places where you can buy seed/bulbs etc. As
      gardeners we all know there is always a surplus when you grow things, so
      my intention is to distribute that surplus thoughtfully in my local
      area, wherever natural habitats have been damaged or overtaken by
      developmments of whatever sort.

      If we are not part of the solution, we are probably part of the problem,
      as they say.

      Wonderful contributions on this subject, and thanks for all the plant
      info in the database!

      Much love from Whinnie