      From: Light2uToo@...
      To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 20:47:41 EST
      Subject: [pfaf] Re: my HUUUUGE problem with S L U G S. Help!!!

      "Travis Philp" _trphilp@... _
      (mailto:trphilp@...?Subject= Re:%20my%20HUUUUGE%20problem%20with%20S%20L%20U%20G%20S.%20Help!!!) wrote:

      << Cut a few one-inch square or triangular doors into the container sides
      and use the lid to deflect rain and prevent dilution of the beer. Position the
      holes just below the container rim and dig the container into the soil,
      leaving the cut holes at or just slightly above soil level. >>

      That was so well-explained. Thank you! We have a lot of trouble with slugs
      around here, which is southwestern Oklahoma. The odd thing is that it can get
      so, so hot and dry, especially in the summers, and yet we'll have problems
      with slugs. I only use plants that are fairly drought resistant, because we
      have to ration water sometimes. And still, the slugs will be a problem. They
      must be little creatures.

      I think the idea of killing them with beer is a really good one, even mock
      beer. Somehow it seems more humane than most other ways I've heard of.
      Probably the most humane way would be to quickly smash them with a shoe or
      something, but I can't deal with those sluggy guts. Bleecchhh.

      Lena

      _Click to Donate - Free donations to your favorite causes! _
      (http://www.care2.com/click2donate/)