      From: Paul
      Sent: Saturday, June 01, 2002 3:43 PM
      Subject: [pfaf] Kiwi

      I have a Chinesis variety of Kiwi that I planted 18 months ago. It is situated against an east and south wall in the garden. Last year it grew well to about 7ft in length. Although it may be sitated in a place that collects frost, I mulched it well in the winter and it started off well this spring. However, it now has gone very limp and growth buds are stunted. The plant has plenty of water and the stem is not damaged. I can see no evidence of any significant pest  damage. Has anyone got any idea what might be wrong>

      Thanks in anticipation.

      Paul Charnock