1548Re: [pfaf] Whole Grains

  • Cindy
    Feb 16, 2007
      Great topic - I can't wait to read the posts.

      Bulgur wheat is very easy to deal with and very good.
      If you mix equal parts bulgur and boiling water, you
      have a breakfast cereal in just about a minute's time
      and in a few more minutes you can mix up a salad. I
      give my dad bulgur with milk and cinnamon for
      breakfast and then I make a tabouleh salad with the
      leftover bulgur to put in the refrigerator at the same
      time.

      Oatmeal makes a good breakfast cereal too, and it is a
      whole grain. I don't know whether or not oat bran is a
      whole grain, but it's also very quick to cook and
      healthy too.

      I love wheat berries, but they take 45 minutes to
      cook! Does anyone know of a way to cook them without
      talking so long and using up so much energy? I have a
      sun oven - I wonder how long they would take in that.

      Cindy