1546Re: [pfaf] Japanese Knotweed

  • Dee Harris
    Feb 16, 2007
      There is only one natural predator for such plants but I wouldn't suggest putting them in any garden since they spread faster than the plants do and that's grub worms. They will kill off anything in their area.
      Wolf

      Pat Meadows <pat@...> wrote:
      On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 06:30:41 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

      >Little wonder if it's as invasive as you say. Sounds like what burdock does.

      I think the prize for Horrible Invasive Plants goes to giant hogweed,
      however. That stuff is SCARY!

      http://dnr.metrokc.gov/wlr/LANDS/weeds/pdf/Hogweed_factsheet.pdf

      I have never seen it, just read about it. I hope it stays that way.

      Pat

      Blog: http://www.entire-of-itself.blogspot.com

      'Every one of us can do something to protect and
      care for our planet. We should live in such a way
      that makes a future possible.' - Thich Nhat Hanh

      test'; ">