1505Re:lrish potatoe(Solanum tuberosum)

  • icculus2000@yahoo.com
    Jan 25, 2007
      Hi Donald,

      Perhaps the sudden release of nutrients into the groundwater (as a result of ash and rotting plant material after the burn) is the source of your luxuriant growth. However, as you burn off the groundcover, it seems to me that after your first harvest your natural source of nutrients has disappeared.
      May I suggest scattering dampened ashes on the field and leaving your groundcover intact?

      Peace,

      Steve.

      "Every thought I have imprisoned in expression I must free by my deeds."
      ~ Kahlil Gibran