      From: Egghead
      To: PFAF
      Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 11:37 AM
      Subject: [pfaf] Re: Welcome to pfaf

      Dear PFAF Members,

      Top of the day to you all and hoping that the various works is pushing on smoothly?

      I am O'Seun Egghead Odewale a final year (500 Level) student of Industrial Chemistry at the Federal University of Technology, Minna – Nigeria, WA. I am presently writing my final year thesis on the subject, "Screening of local Herbs Used in Treatment of Tuberculosis." I already commenced my research work and have been able to identify four chemical compounds / groups that have been effective in treatment of TB viz: isoniazid (INH), Pyrazinamide (PZA), Rifampin ( RIF), and Steptomycin / Ethambutol.

      Following this identification, I am now expected to do a research on the chemistry of these substances. I am requesting your assistance to help provide a lead or at best help with relevant information to help me do a detailed chemistry of these compounds.

      I reckon that some of you are vast in organic chemistry and might have done research (or carry out a study) on some of these substances. Obviously, your experience as a Chemists, Biochemists and/or Microbiologists would be invaluable to my current work. Some others who have been identify herbs used in treatment of TB would also be helpful.

      Please note that any other information relevant to the project work will be duly acknowledged and heartily appreciated. I am still open to accept suggestions on names of more herbs/plants used in treatment of TB.

      Thanks in anticipation to your prompt and auspicious response.

      O'Seun Odewale

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic