1218Re: [pfaf] Re: REF OSAGE ORANGE

  • Now
    Mar 30, 2006
      Sounds like you'll have a lot of interesting seed there mate!

      LCULP@... wrote:

      DEB; I'D LOVE SOME OF THE PLAIN TALK. I ALSO HAVE HEARTNUT, BAUARTNUT, CARPITAN ENGLIS
      WALNUT, SCARLET APPLE, SATURN PEACH & STAKS GIANT PEACH , TWO HEIRLOME APPLES, NECTURENE,
      LAKELAND WHITE SEEDLESS GRAPE, SHIRO PLUM, COLLOSSO CHESTNUT, DURBIN CHESTNUT, REVIVALER
      CHESTNUT, BARTTLET PEAR, BLACK WALNUT, WHITE PINE, JUST PLANTED A ICHI-KI-JIRO ORENTAL
      PERSIMMON,FUJI APPLE, STARKS JUMBO APPLE, AM GETTING SOME GOLDENRAIN TREES, SHAGBARK
      HICORY, AM STILL LOOKING FOR MORE TREES. WHAT ALL DO YOU GROW? THE TREES I GROW ARE FOR
      ZONES 6 AND LOWER HOWEVER I'VE FOUND SOME ZONE 7 WILL GROW HERE. I LIKE TO GET SEEDLINGS
      OR EVEN MORE ESTABLISHED ONE 2' UP. I LIKE ODD TREES MANY OF THEM I PREFER TO BEAR SOME
      SORT OF FRUIT OR NUT OR SOMETHING, I EVEN TAKE ORTAMENTLS OR ODD OR RARE TREES, THINGS
      UNUSUAL.

      I will see about getting some cuttings as soon as I can gather viable ones. it's still
      just a

      touch early for them just yet- but it should be soon.  When I have some, will let you
      know,

      and then you can give me a mailing address offlist.  If I can find any already-growing wee

      ones, will try grabbing one or two also.

      I adore Osage Orange.  I imagine you already know plenty about them, but if you'd like, I

      can also send you a plant talk I did about them for another group.

      What other kind of trees are you growing?  What are your criteria for which trees you
      grow?

      I can think of a lot worse hobbies than trees!  How Cool!  deb

      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, wrote:

      > THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH DEBI, I'M DISABLED AND REALLY APPRECIATE ANYTHING

      YOU CAN