1214Re: [pfaf] REF OSAGE ORANGE

  • Now
    Mar 29, 2006
      R! I was just thinking of next winter because now I've collected quitre a few varieties of cool temperate unusual bush sized perennials, climbers and the like...aiming particularly for unusual varieties.that propagate easily by cuttings/root cuttings. I culled these from Plants for a Future and the Agroforestry Research Trust mostly. Currently in the greenhouse (they seem to take best in a humid atmos), I have quite a few groups of cuttings of different things for planting out here and giving away locally. Lots taken this winetr just gone...they're just putting out buds now. Grapevines by the way seem to be the best success rate so far..If you have enough patience you can make as many new plants as you want. I was planning to draw up a list of what I have and offer cuttings free by mail next season. A lot of the stuff is just freshly bought, and I've taken as much cuttings as is possible this year. Actually thinking about it some stuff takes best from cuttings in summer...so now I'm going to have to get right on the case of this and do a full stocktake of what I have. I've done the planting maps...so I have a record of what and where everything is. Stuff like Chocolate Vines,  for example. These sort of plants can be quite expensive if you buy them commericially....especially if you are buying a lot...and as they take so very easily from cuttings it seems foolish not to offer this service. So hopefully next winter I'll put a list up here and you can tell me what you want.

      Thank you.

      Blessings.

      Blessings.

      debi novice <debhlv@...> wrote:
      I have no seeds right now, but live in Osage Orange
      Central- can perhaps get some rooted cuttings to you
      in a few weeks, but you may have to wait until
      september for viable seed- unless I get another source
      before harvest of the balls. deb

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/