1161Re: [pfaf] Hedge for exposed hillside in W. Cornwall

  • Now
    Feb 21, 2006
      sitka spruce

      Geir Flatabø <geirf@...> wrote:
      If you mean the cone uses 3 years to ripen,
      I guess that is a bit strange, but perhaps not more strange than taht
      Juniperus communis uses 2 growing seasons to ripen its "berries"..
      The cones of P cembra, P caraiensis, etc matures its cones in one
      growing season - to my knowledge (?),
      But the seeds may be slow to grow,
      so my comment was on how to get seeds grow "immediately".....

      Geir Flatabø

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/