100Re: [pfaf] Search for a Project and Occupation

  • David Adams
    Feb 13, 2002
      Grow tropical and subtropical fruit and ship it to
      North America!

      I have hoped in vain for years that NAFTA would make
      red sapote, white sapote, black sapote, papaya, and
      many other fruits as commonplace in US grocery stores
      as the banana. Mango has been a success story here.
      So has the fuzzy kiwi from NZ. I can find white
      sapote once in a rare while. I wish Mexican farmers
      would focus more on shipping subtropicals up north.
      Anyone know why this has not happened? They are
      shipping mangos.

      --- Vishal Maheshwari <vishal250@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      > I am Vishal, 25 years and from india.
      > We are a family with agricultural background.
      > Till now, my father had been taking up traditional
      > crops and had been doing well with them.
      > But now, i would like to look at so many other
      > options
      > that are available.
      > But i m short of ideas..i have been doing some
      > research on the net..but there is plethora of
      > information and nothing seems relevant enough to
      > help
      > me.
      >
      > I m looking for a non traditional crops.
      > it may be Medicinal,Herbs,For cosmetics etc.
      > financially, i cud support a project worth upto 7
      > digits. we have land and a lot is available on
      > lease.
      > It s also in one of th most fertile parts of india
      > with irrigation available.
      >
      > Plz suggest and recommend what i should do.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Vishal

      http://greetings.yahoo.com
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic