William Rennie Forrest

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 13, 2014

      From: Peterhead-owner@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Peterhead-owner@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of David Robertson david147robertson@... [Peterhead]
      Sent: Thursday, 10 July 2014 10:49 PM
      To: Peterhead Moderator
      Subject: Re: Yahoo Groups: Welcome to Peterhead. Visit today!

      Thanks for all this. I think I am on top of the situation but originally I was interested in my grandfather William Rennie Forrest who was a sailmaker on the Polar Star. I have spoken with Gavin Sutherland about this.  It would be nice to know where he lived in Peterhead - I think from memory my mother (his daughter) said they moved about a lot but Maiden street was one of the places.

      My mother spoke highly of her Uncle Jim who was the RDSM superintendent for a number of years.  A cousin spoke about a bust/memorial in his memory but have been unable to find any trace of this.

      David Robertson

    • Cci
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 22, 2014
        Hi David,
        I am related to you.
        Our common link is;
        George Forrest's father George.  He is my great great grandfather.
        I come from George snr second marriage to Bessy Gray.

        I have George Forrest's death cert (married to Mary Ann Rennie). Sept 13th 1905 Peterhead.
        son George, Baker journeyman, single died 9th Jan 1902 13 Maiden Street, Peterhead age 35 years.

        George Forrest and Bessy Gray had a daughter Agnes who married James Davidson who was also a captain of the Polar Star, my great grandfather.

        Catherine Harris Scott Cvjetkovic
        Perth, Western Australia

        Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2014 7:25 PM