6026My Peterhead ancestors

  • janicejo29
    Aug 9, 2014

      Hi all, I'm Janice Johnston from California.  My Scottish ancestors ancestors mostly hail from central parishes (Daviot, Old Meldrum, Fyvie, Premnay, Insch, Rayne).  But the 1st cousin of my 4g grandfather moved to Peterhead and was Provost there from 1843 to 1857. His name was Roderick Gray, he was born in Daviot in 1788. Some other Gray relatives lived there for a time too: his brother Adam Gray and his nephew (also named Roderick Gray).  Roderick Gray the Elder was the son of John Gray,b. 1739 Fyvie. John Gray was one of 4 sons of Adam Gray (b. ~ 1700 Fyvie), that became farmers in Daviot around 1770, some descendants are farming there today. I have a copy of the portrait of Roderick Gray, and I'm interested in anything else about him.

            I also seem to be related to someone else in this group, as I am also a descendant of James Sharp and Jean Milne their daughter Ann, I'd be happy to share my info with you. JJ

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic