6024William Rennie Forrest

    Jul 13 4:25 AM

      From: Peterhead-owner@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Peterhead-owner@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of David Robertson david147robertson@... [Peterhead]
      Sent: Thursday, 10 July 2014 10:49 PM
      To: Peterhead Moderator
      Subject: Re: Yahoo Groups: Welcome to Peterhead. Visit today!

      Thanks for all this. I think I am on top of the situation but originally I was interested in my grandfather William Rennie Forrest who was a sailmaker on the Polar Star. I have spoken with Gavin Sutherland about this.  It would be nice to know where he lived in Peterhead - I think from memory my mother (his daughter) said they moved about a lot but Maiden street was one of the places.

      My mother spoke highly of her Uncle Jim who was the RDSM superintendent for a number of years.  A cousin spoke about a bust/memorial in his memory but have been unable to find any trace of this.

      David Robertson

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic