hello 2/2

  • marysejillet
    Message 1 of 433 , Apr 19, 2001
      The real price of fur must be measured in deaths,
      not dollars. To make 1 fur coat you must kill at
      least: 55 Wild Minks, 35 Ranch Minks, 40 Sables, 11
      Lynx, 18 Red Foxes, 11 Silver Foxes, 100 Chinchillas,
      30 Rex Rabbits, 9 Beavers, 30 Muskrats, 15 Bobcats,
      25 Skunks, 14 Otters, 125 Ermines, 30 Possums, 100
      Squirrels, or 27 Raccoons. Every year, a well-organized fur
      trade spends millions to glamorize the fur coat and to
      mask the real price of fur - pain, mutilation and
      death for millions of animals. But as more people see
      the truth about fur, growing numbers of furriers are
      going bankrupt. Out of style, less practical than
      alternatives, and increasingly seen as offensive, a fur coat
      bought this year will be worthless a few years later.
      That's why you'll see more and more fur on sale...but
      remember the real price of fur. Don't throw your money
      away. Don't throw animals' lives away. Already,
      millions of innocent animals have been saved from cruel
      deaths because a compassionate public refused to buy the
      furriers' bill of goods. Actual fur sales have decreased
      from $1.35 billion in 1990 to $648 million in 1993.
      The number of US retail locations in 1993 alone fell
      from 192 to 46, and fur apparel imports dropped a
      staggering 48% in 1995. A February 1994 issue of The Trapper
      noted that, "from Alaska to Maine the number of those
      trapping, fur hunting and buying fur has plummeted to the
      lowest level yet recorded." This trend has already saved
      millions of animals - but the anguish continues for
      millions of others.... <br>The Agony of The Trap Animals
      caught in a hidden steel jaw trap will suffer a slow,
      excruciating death. These animals often freeze to death, or
      are attacked by predators. Many will frantically chew
      off their own legs to escape. If they are still alive
      when the trapper returns to the scene, they will be
      bludgeoned or strangled. "Hit the trapped animal just
      forward of the eyes with the stick. While it is
      unconscious, use your knee or the heel of your shoe to come
      down hard behind the front leg. This ruptures the
      heart, and the coyote never regains consciousness." "Fur
      Trapping: A Complete Guide," B. Musgrove & G. Blair Can any
      of this barbaric cruelty be justified for a luxury
      item? The leghold trap is indiscriminate as well as
      cruel. Trappers discard millions of "trash animals" not
      wanted for their fur, including domestic pets and
      endangered species. Trapped animals sometimes leave behind
      dependent young who are doomed to starvation. The Horror of
      the Ranch Raising animals on ranches for their fur is
      no less cruel. These animals are kept in close
      confinement and deprived of a natural life, until finally
      they are killed...by gassing, or suffocation, or
      electrocution through the mouth and anus so that the "product"
      is not singed or stained with blood. Far from being
      "humane," fur ranching is characterized by barren cages,
      isolation and environmental deprivation so intense that
      animals often go insane.
    • iimpster
      Message 433 of 433 , Mar 2, 2002
        poor ol angry HF... what would we do without you
        to feel sorry for.<br><br>well, since yer
        a-pretending to want answers YET AGAIN, least i kin doo is
        a-blige ya.<br>(btw, i dont think that "i" was the one
        had a hard time in "school"... i was reading at age
        3... whats yer excuse? were you even talking yet at
        that age, or still just lusting after yer pappys chaw
        bakky ...i think somebody stole more than your "lunch
        money" ol chum!)<br><br>but afore i indulge in a lil HF
        roasting, (he makes it too easy dont he), let me just say
        how sorry i am that you cant come up with anything
        valid to accuse me of, so you must go inventing funny
        things to be mad at now.<br>with your recent post in
        another club inquiring on gardening techniques, i had
        thought you might be ready to rise above your redneck
        roots, but alas, such is evidently not to
        be.<br><br>anyway, heres just a few of the things i am supposed to
        have said, to demonstrate why HF is really going out
        travels the world in his bus".<br>(truth: imp only
        traveled the mid-west to eastern continental US in his
        bus, in actuality the only time i've been off the NA
        continent was a brief sojourn in Ecuador as a child.... btw
        HF, busses dont float so dont get yer hopes
        the world from polution with his peace of junk bus
        that suposed to have built it with his two
        hands..."<br>(truth: bus was found in a scrapyard and "restored" with
        hard work and used parts, not "by two hands"...
        traveled occasionaly around... never even HINTED that
        saving the world from pollution" was part of the deal...
        just a wee diff there)<br><br>HF lie #3
        exposed:<br>"after we show him how he cause more polution with the
        hunk of junk in one mile that it will take a new bus
        100miles"<br>(truth: HF shows nothing but his lack of mathmatical and
        comprehension skills)<br><br>hmm, i could go through the rest
        of his sad post, revealing inconsistencies and
        fallacies left and right, but it wouldnt change
        anything....<br>he will be the same rabid arrogant hick that he
        "allus" was.<br><br>but this reply wouldnt be complete
        without addressing what is arguable his greatest fear...
        my "wholey" religious texts.<br><br>HF lie
        #4:<br>"with the little we knew we shot wholes all through his
        so call bible..."<br>(truth: HF refuses to read
        anything on the subject, or go further into my EXTENSIVE
        online archives on the subject (
        didnt actualy exist, we AR's would have had to invent