Fw: [voicesforRahkim] [DNA-DNR] Puppy being auctioned off for school fundraiser in ILLINOIS

  • SinDee
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2005
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Katie Walter <katie.walter@...>
      To: adopt animals <AdoptAnimals@yahoogroups.com>,
      allbreedrescue@egroups.com, AllDogResQ@egroups.com,
      alldogsgreatandsmallrescue@yahoogroups.com, Animal Radio Network
      <root@...>, AnimalAdoption@yahoogroups.com,
      voicesforRahkim@yahoogroups.com, AnimalsInNeed@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [voicesforRahkim] [DNA-DNR] Puppy being auctioned off for
      school fundraiser in ILLINOIS
      Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 16:06:52 -0500

      From: "Lindsay" <daveandlinds2000@...
      [mailto:daveandlinds2000@...]>
      Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 9:09 AM
      [DNA-DNR] Puppy being auctioned off for school fundraiser
      I"m just crossposting this!
      Lindsay

      --------------------

      To: indianadna@yahoogroups.com [mailto:indianadna@yahoogroups.com]
      From: ExcedrinPM@... [mailto:ExcedrinPM@...]
      Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 22:34:18 EST
      [IndianaDNA] Puppy for Auction- Lake-McHenry County, ILLINOIS!
      UPDATE!  Puppy for Auction- Lake-McHenry County, ILLINOIS!
      ORIGINAL POST FROM 2/24/2005 IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS EMAIL.
      ***We Only have ONE week that auction is on the 12th ***
      I tried really hard to get Jill from the Spring Grove Elementary in
      Illinois Nippersink District 2 PTO to understand why auctioning off a
      puppy is not a good idea.
      I think if all of us pull together and write, call or e-mail all
      involved with this auction together we have a Great chance of stopping
      this from happening in our own back yard NOW!  As you all know, this
      puppy could end up with one of us sometime down the road if this goes
      through or worse.
      With that said, if you feel strongly that this School located in Lake &
      McHenry County, IL should NOT allow puppies to be auctioned off at their
      PTO event that is to take place in a few weeks, PLEASE Contact Any or
      All of the participants below to voice your opinion- Remember, your call
      or e-mail is representing Rescue and Shelters as a whole, so Please
      communicate in a professional manner.
      This is her reply to me:
      Thank you for your opinion.  I assure you that we were in no way trying
      to downplay the commitment of owning a dog.  I also want to let you know
      that we didn't come up with this idea ourselves.  I myself, have been to
      many fundraisers of this type and a few by national organizations that
      have had puppies at their auctions.
      Also, the veterinarian who donated the spay/neuter of a pet is donating
      it regardless of whether or not we had a puppy.  She's doing it as a
      service, knowing that some people do not have it done due to financial
      reasons.
      Regards,
      Jill

      PARTICIPANT INFORMATION:
      The auction is to be held on Saturday, March 12th at the Lakemoor
      Banquet Hall in Lakemoor, IL. 28874 Rand Road, Lakemoor, IL 60051
      (815) 385-0999
      Spring Grove Elementary School  PO Box 790, Spring Grove, IL 60081
      Phone: (815) 675-2342
      View District Profile for Nippersink School Dist 2
      10006 Main St
      Richmond,IL 60071
      Phone: (815) 678-4242
      The vet is Dr. Jennifer Hart of the Heartland Animal Hospital in
      Bartlett, IL 630-372-2000.
      Pamela Fraley, Founder of:
      Dal-Savers Dalmatian Rescue, Inc.WI/IL
      K9Lifeline Rescue
      ORIGINAL POST FROM 2/24/2005
      I received the following e-mail today.  Is anyone good at responding to
      these types of requests, this is the first time I've been asked this
      personally!

      I want her to understand how important it is to Not auction off
      animals!
      I want to find out who the vet is that is supporting her effort to
      auction a puppy!  So I replied to her that I would get back with her
      tomorrow and asked who the vet is so we can use "him" as
      a "reference" !
      I live in Spring Grove, IL (approx. 25 minutes from Woodstock).  I'm the
      PTO member at our school that is running our annual fundraiser (which is
      a Dinner/Dance/Auction evening.
      We were wondering if we could purchase a puppy that we could auction
      off
      to one of our school's families?  A local vet has also donated her
      Services for a free spay/neuter.
      I know that you like to have an application filled out so that you know
      who the dog is going to, but I wouldn't have that information for you.
      Is this something that your organization would let us do?
      Regards,
      Jill
      Barb Beck - NW Indiana
      Founder / President
      Indiana Petite Paws Rescue Angels
      http://www.yorkielane.com/YorkieRescue
      [http://www.yorkielane.com/YorkieRescue%5d
      http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/IN256.html
      [http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/IN256.html%5d
      Focusing on the rescue of the Yorkshire Terrier, but no paw too
      small. We are always in need of Foster Homes.
      Spay/Neuter Ribbon Magnets! Get yours today!
      http://www.yorkielane.com/YorkieRescue/ribbonmagnets.htm
      [http://www.yorkielane.com/YorkieRescue/ribbonmagnets.htm%5d

      Please don't buy while homeless pets die.
      Please spay and neuter your pets!

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      click here
      [http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1296uo44q/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=1705082948:HM/EXP=1109884656/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075]