Fw: [Cats and Kittens] Florida: Strengthen the Cruelty Statute

  • Cynthia Hendrick
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2005
      Forwarding to other groups.

      -----Original Message-----
      Subject: [Cats and Kittens] Florida: Strengthen the Cruelty Statute
      Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 20:43:01 EST

      FLORIDA RESIDENTS PLEASE SIGN!!!!!!
      Florida: Strengthen the Cruelty Statute
      HB 297 will strengthen Florida’s animal cruelty law by increasing the
      minimum
      fine for convicted offenders from $3,500 to $5,000, and will mandate a
      minimum of 6 months’ imprisonment for first-offense violations of the
      animal
      cruelty statute and 10 months’ imprisonment for second-offense
      violations. The
      bill also provides that it is a misdemeanor to intentionally drag or
      fell a
      bovine animal (bovines include steer, bulls, calves, oxen, heifers and
      cows) in
      an organized sports competition.
      Click below to contact members of the House Agricultural and Criminal
      Justice committees as well as the members of the House State Resources
      Council and
      ask them to support HB 297.

      _https://secure2.convio.net/aspca/site/Advocacy?pagename=homepage&page=UserAct
      ion&id=1163_
      (https://secure2.convio.net/aspca/site/Advocacy?pagename=homepage&page=UserAction&id=1163)

      www.catsunn.com

      Any further questions about the group can be sent to:
      catsandkittens-owner@yahoogroups.com and the moderators will reply to
      you.
      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Dear Human,
      Why do you think that you are superior to me?
      Is it because you can "talk"?
      I just speak a different language from yours.
      Please don't mistreat me.
      Your ignorance is not my fault.
      Sincerely,
      Non-Human