Fw: [CorrectTreatment 2003] Still Poisoning Stray Animals

  • Cynthia Hendrick
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2005
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Alexandra Yurkiw <alexandra.yurkiw@...>
      To: CorrectTreatment@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [CorrectTreatment 2003] Still Poisoning Stray Animals
      Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 18:23:18 -0600

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Animal Friends Croatia [mailto:prijatelji.zivotinja@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 1:52 AM
      To: Alexandra Yurkiw
      Subject: Poisoning of animals

      Croatia, a country whose government does not implement a sterilization
      (spay neuter) program. Furthermore, according to Croatian law, any cat
      or dog found more than 300 meters outside of city limits is considered a
      stray and can be killed with no legal consequences. Poisoning of stray
      animals is a common practice in this land where tourism is a big
      industry.

      I live in a peaceful street of family houses. Almost an idle, many would
      say. Until one day when one of the neighbors decided to mix meat with
      rat poison and feed our pets with it. At the moment, one cat (that has
      probably been dying in agony for a very long time) is dead, one stray
      cat is at the veterinarian's where they are trying to save him and a
      couple of animals haven't returned home.

      Do we really live among people who are capable of such an act? And why?
      Probably because of a couple of paw prints on their cars. It is much
      easier to poison everything that's in their way than to wipe off a small
      paw print.

      The cat that's on treatment probably won't survive the therapy because,
      when I found him, he was sitting in the snow in a puddle of blood that
      was running through his nose, for days I suppose. If he survives, he is
      doomed to mercy of the same good neighbors who poisoned him. And as far
      as the vet's bill is concerned, I will pay for it, because in this
      country you can either turn your head away or pay out of your own
      pocket. And I m not one of those who will turn the head away, no matter
      how expensive the costs are.

      This is not happening in Dubrovnik so it will probably not be of much
      interest to anyone. Ivanja Reka is just a village near Zagreb and not a
      tourist destination. But that doesn't mean that the people are not just
      as mean and that they don't think that they might have killed some
      child's best friend. On the worst, most painful, most cruel way. These
      animals are dying for days, in horrible pain.

      Dear neighbors of Ivan Ančić Street in Ivanja Reka, be humans and not
      worse animals than those you kill in such horrific manners!

      In the enclosure I am sending you a picture, and it's up to you to
      decide whether the theme is interesting enough.

      Yours faithfully

      I.M.

      PS. In the meantime I received a phone call from the vet, informing me
      that the second cat had died. Bleeding from all bodily openings. I don't
      even want to imagine the misery it was in. We found the owner,
      unfortunately only to tell him the sad news. The cat we named Božo has
      been someone's pet for years and did not deserve such an end. We called
      the police; they came in 15 minutes, but what they can do, only they
      know. More than anything, I'd like for the culprit to be found, so I
      could tell him in person how I feel about people like him!

      http://www.prijatelji-zivotinja.hr/indexen.html
      [http://www.prijatelji-zivotinja.hr/indexen.html%5d

      "Live in peace with the animals. Animals bring love
      to our hearts, and warmth to our souls."
      -Colleen Klaum, Admin

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      [http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129toj7gj/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=1705788234:HM/EXP=1107995002/A=2532114/R=2/SIG=12ke4ru92/*http://clk.atdmt.com/NFX/go/yhxxxnfx0020000014nfx/direct/01/&time=1107908602340095%5d

      [http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/%5d.

      Dear Human,
      Why do you think that you are superior to me?
      Is it because you can "talk"?
      I just speak a different language from yours.
      Please don't mistreat me.
      Your ignorance is not my fault.
      Sincerely,
      Non-Human