New Member - Animal Emergency Law

  • Barb
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2004
      Hello, my name is Barb, and I am new to the group. To tell you a
      little bit about myself upfront, I have 3 dogs and 3 cats, and am
      very much an animal lover. I am a member of several animal groups
      (in some, I am a member through my other screen name "Lady_enya_1" -
      which I mainly for my family and Yahoo groups of which I have
      created).
      That being said, I want to tell you about a petition, the Animal
      Emergency Law, I created with a few close friends. It was created to
      protect the innocent - the animal. The basic meaning of it is to
      prohibit veterinarians from turning awan any animal in need
      of "emergency" care due to the owner's inability to pay UPFRONT the
      FULL cost of that one visit, and will enable the pet owner to create
      an account in which to make substantial monthly payments to pay off
      the account. There are 3 true stories of terrible vet care (2 being
      my own) which you can read about in the petition. These stories,
      along with many more that I have heard from pet owners, is what
      caused me to create the petition. If you have had a terrible
      experience, would you consider sending me a personal email telling me
      about it? Send it to Barb4animals@... I intend to include
      these stories in with the petition when I send it off.
      {This petition will be sent to all Congress members and Governors; so
      please, spread the word about this petition with your family and
      friends}

      Click here to read and sign the petition:
      http://www.PetitionPetition.com/cgi/petition.cgi?id=6988

      [my apologies for this being off-topic, but I feel this is an
      important issue with many pet owners, and they may wish to know about
      it]