Please help to defend Polish animal welfare act- Urgent!!

  • purrrrrshia
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2002
      -------- Oryginalna wiadomo¶æ --------
      Temat: PLEASE HELP TO DEFEND POLISH ANIMAL WELFARE ACT - Urgent ( Fw )
      Od: "Jurek Duszynski" <j.duszynski@...>
      Do: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: animalinst
      To: ... Jurek Duszynski , Help to People and to Animals -
      Social-Ecological Movement Poznan, Poland e-mail:
      j.duszynski@... ( or pomludzw@... )

      Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 12:27 PM
      Subject: PLEASE HELP TO DEFEND POLISH ANIMAL WELFARE ACT - Urgent

      Dear Friends,

      Polish President has only to weeks to reject or accept devastating
      changes in Polish Animal Welfare Act. You can make the difference -
      President Kwasniewski listens very carefully to the World's public
      opinion - please send the letter below urgently.

      Thanks for your help,

      Marek Kryda

      Animal Welfare Institute, Poland
      www.animalprotect.most.org.pl

      Mr. Aleksander Kwasniewski
      President of the Republic of Poland
      ul. Wiejska 10
      00-902 Warsaw, Poland
      fax + 48 22 695 29 78
      listy@...
      or
      aleksander@...
      or
      www.prezydent.pl

      Dear Mr. President,

      As you know Polish Parliament accepted amendments to the Animal
      Welfare
      Act which will have tremendous impact on situation of animals in
      Poland
      in the future.

      Our big concern cause readings legalizing testing cosmetics on
      animals,
      shooting astray dogs and cats, using hormones in husbandry, limiting
      voice of humane organizations and ignoring EU Directives requiring
      creation of staging points for animals transports.

      We observe a dangerous process of moving delegalized methods of
      husbandry
      (battery cages for hens, mink farms from UK and Netherlands) from EU
      countries to Poland because of liberal regulations and lack of
      executing
      the rights of animals there.

      Dear Mr. President, it is hardly to believe that the aim of Polish
      authorities is to undermine EU countries' regulations securing humane
      treatment of farm animals by importing cruel methods of husbandry and
      compete on the market with higher EU standards.

      At the time when Germany included animal rights in their constitution
      and
      EU is introducing ban on all cosmetic tests on animals, Poland has
      chosen
      an opposite direction. Poland with the second oldest animal welfare
      society in the World is now swimming against the current of civilized
      World - why it is possible?

      We do hope that your country soon will be situated in the center of
      Europe not only in geographic but also in moral sense.

      Yours faithfully,

      (signature)

      --
      PLASE KEEP SIGNING THE PETITION!
      http://www.petitiononline.com/24ab/petition-sign.html

      -->STOP KILLING DOMESTIC ANIMALS IN POLAND<--
      On the beginning of june 2002 the Polish Senate made a decision to
      give
      permition to hunters to kill any dog, cat or other domestic animal
      walking
      around like a vagabond.
      If a domesticated animal is walking 200 meters away from any houses,
      it
      is
      legally able to be killed. But now, the Polish Hunting Association
      made a
      new proposition to senate, asking for changes in the first decision.
      Now
      the
      animals don't even need to be 200 meters away from living quarters.
      In
      my
      opinion, before Poland becomes a member of the European Union, these
      things need to be STOPPED! Please sign the petition to help stop
      these
      barbaric ways. http://www.PetitionOnline.com/24ab/petition-sign.html

      Please have look in here
      http://www.elvagabundo.org/psy/perros_de_caza.htm
      to see the situation of dogs in Spain, Please note: some sensitive
      persons
      will find these pictures very disturbing. We will be very appreciated
      for
      you opinion in our forum which help us to show Spanish authorities
      how
      cruel them are also you can help by signup petition form, we need to
      collect 500.000 firms to change the law in Spain

      Animal Rescue Association
      www.elvagabundo.org
      Forum @ http://www.elvagabundo.org/forum.htm
      contact: