why do animals deserve rights

  • danguider
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2002
      Why do animals desrve rights? They don't. They aren't smart enough to
      have rights. They were put on this earth to feed us. I have friends
      that survive by getting food from what they kill. I am against
      poaching, but not hunting. I am a hunter. I think that you write all
      hunters off as bad people. I will tell you a fact, an organization
      called ducks unlimited raises more money for conservation than any
      other organization. So think about that before you write all hunters
      off as bad ones.
    • angrylioness
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 8, 2002
        Who is saying hunters are "bad people"?

        I think "you" are a bad person for what you just said here, but I
        don't think hunters are bad. Not in general, but I am sure there are
        a few more uneducated imbeciles like you out there.

        <<Why do animals desrve rights? They don't. They aren't smart enough
        to have rights.>>

        Does that mean that the learning impaired [humans] don't have rights?

        <<They were put on this earth to feed us.>>

        They were put on this earth "before" us and humans, in the beginning,
        were vegetarians.
        (don't start, I am not vegan, I am not an animal rights activist, I
        am an Animal Welfare Advocate)

        <<I think that you write all hunters off as bad people. I will tell
        you a fact, an organization called ducks unlimited raises more money
        for conservation than any other organization. So think about that
        before you write all hunters off as bad ones.>>

        "Who" is "you"? You're not talking to PeTA here. Just a lot of
        argumentive hooligans throwing insults at one another. Most of which
        are hunters. ha ha ha!

        --- In petasavetheanimals@y..., "danguider" <tollboothwilly0769@h...>