Vote on AOL: Should animals be used for medical research? We're LOSING!

  • SinDee
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2006
      Yes! It works! I did it! Non-AOL members can vote! And please do so now... It isn't looking good.....

      Yes has 50%, No has 22%, It depends on the animal- 21%, and I'm not sure- 7%....as of when I voted moments ago.

      VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!! I'M CROSSPOSTING NOW, AND EVERYONE ELSE PLEASE DO SO!!!

      ECSescilla@... wrote:
      CROSSPOST!!!

      Go here to vote "NO". (I am not sure if non-AOL members can vote - but try!)
      _AOL News - Mice Are Key Tool in Quest for New Drugs_
      (http://articles.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20060304124009990001&ncid=NWS00010000000001)

      To see why animal testing is not necessary AT ALL, visit the links below!
      You won't believe how animal testing really doesn't predict what will happen
      in humans!
      _PCRM Position Paper on Animal Research_
      (http://www.pcrm.org/resch/anexp/position.html)
      _Rats: Test Results That Don't Apply to Humans_
      (http://www.pcrm.org/resch/anexp/rats.html)
      _Research Without Animals_
      (http://www.pcrm.org/resch/anexp/without_animals.html)
      _Birth Defects Research: Why Animals Are Not the Answer Factsheet_
      (http://www.pcrm.org/resch/anexp/birth_defect.html)
      _Dangerous Medicine: Examples of Animal-Based "Safety" Tests Gone Wrong_
      (http://www.pcrm.org/resch/anexp/dangerous_med.html)
      _Dissection Alternatives_
      (http://www.pcrm.org/resch/anexp/dissection_alternatives.html)
      _Cost Analysis of Dissection Versus Nonanimal Teaching Methods_
      (http://www.pcrm.org/resch/anexp/cost_analysis.html)
      _Pound Seizure_ (http://www.pcrm.org/resch/anexp/pound_seizure.html)

      Don't forget the C.C. Baird show on HBO. Many pets from pounds or even
      stolen from individuals are sold to labs. This is unnecessary and cruel. VOTE
      NO!!!

      *********
      Dr. Elizabeth C. Sescilla - President & Founder
      N.C.A.R.E.S. (North Carolina Animal Resource & Education Services)
      _http://www.ncaresonline.org/_ (http://www.ncaresonline.org/)
      741 Old Marshall Highway
      Asheville, NC 28804
      Petfinder site: _http://www.ncaresonline.petfinder.org_
      (http://www.ncaresonline.petfinder.org/)

      "I am sometimes asked, 'Why do you spend so much of your time and money
      talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?' I
      answer, 'I am working at the roots.'"

      ~ George T. Angell

      "The moral progress of a nation can best be judged by the way it treats its
      animals." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

      "If you have not often felt the joy of doing a kind act, you have neglected
      much, and most of all yourself." ~ A. Neilen