Fw: O/T-Good Idea - LETS DO IT !!! (Rising Gas Prices)

  • SinDee
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2005
      Or we could just boycott... I know. I know..... It's already been said
      that we all depend on our vehicles..... But that's not entirely true.
      Let's be realistic... Many of us could walk and/or bike. It may be a tad
      inconvienent, but it wouldn't be too too bad for several of us. How
      about this?...... We could all call for a boycott and exclude all of
      those who work, or attend school, too far away to arrive at a reasonable
      hour by commuting without a vehicle. Hell, for many people, commuting by
      foot or bicycle would be faster... It all depends upon the area you're
      in. So let's do this.... Let's park the vehicles and say no to gas until
      prices drop drastically! I hope no one thinks I'm being a pain. I'm
      proposing this as a way to help everyone....human and non-human alike.
      I'll explain.... Rescue depends heavily upon the transports that
      rescuers arrange. Transports would be almost halted during the boycott,
      but the boycott would benefit rescue in the end.... Because, when prices
      fall, transporters will be better capable of meeting the demand of
      carrying companion animals from here to there....to their rescues,
      fosters, and fur-ever homes. As things stand now, gas is so expensive
      that I've heard of transporters "taking a break" or "cutting back".
      Let's boycott gasoline.... A boycott will help us AND our non-human
      friends!!! Nobody will blame you if you can't participate.....if you
      can't participate then atleast follow the plan below, but, for all who
      CAN participate.... LET'S DO IT! LET'S BOYCOTT!!!!!!!

    • SinDee
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2005
        I'm not suggesting a "gas out day". I'm suggesting a boycott until
        prices fall.
        I'm not basing my suggestion upon some kind of myth or urban legend.
        Boycotts can work. It depends upon the level of participation involved
        and how long the participation continues. Boycotts have been successful
        in the past with regards to other issues. Why not this? Snopes is not
        the end all be all of "factual information", and people who rely too
        heavily upon snopes are in no different a place than those who rely upon
        other sources for information. You can't just take any piece of
        information and "run it past" snopes. If I suggested boycotting a
        grocery store until they stopped purchasing product X from supplier X,
        would you check snopes? Do you do that with each email alert you
        receive? I called for a gas boycott. I didn't forward some off the wall
        nonsense. I merely called for a boycott. People can do it or not do
        it..... Their choice. It's not an urban legend any more than it would be
        an urban legend for me to call for a boycott against a resturant, a
        store, or some other company. It's just something I suggested.