499MONTANA GRIZZLIES NEED YOUR HELP

  • sweet_lady_19_2000
    Jul 1, 2002
      I receive email newsletters from the ASPCA and this was one of them:

      In April, Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks (MTFWP) issued a draft
      management plan for grizzlies in the southwestern part of the state.
      Unfortunately, say conservation groups, the plan fails to provide
      adequate habitat security and protection for the bears.

      ASPCA News Alert readers, your voice can make a difference! Public
      comments will be accepted until July 5; please write to MTFWP, Attn:
      Arnie Dood, 1400 South 19th Ave., Bozeman, MT 59718, and let them
      know that the plan is not acceptable without revisions that allow
      MTFWP to enforce sanitation/food storage orders, habitat protection
      and public education, and implement habitat monitoring methods. For
      further information on the issue, including a schedule of public
      hearings, please visit Predator Conservation Alliance online or call
      the Greater Yellowstone Coalition at (406) 586-1593.

      Here is the website that has the plan broken down:
      http://www.predatorconservation.org/get_involved/take_action/activist.
      html

      HELP our grizzly bear population by mailing or emailing a letter.
      Also, foward this to everyone. We can make a difference!