The passing of Princess the beautiful tabby

  • Ed Carp
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 1, 2010
      Princess had been having a lot of trouble breathing the last couple of
      weeks, and it was getting worse, so I took her into Julie’s vet on
      Tuesday – I couldn’t get an appointment until August 13 with her
      regular vet. On the way into the vet, a 10 minute trip, she collapsed
      in the van. They took 200 cc of fluid out of her chest, and said that
      it was either a fungal infection or lung cancer, judging from the
      x-rays. She was on oxygen continuously for the last 2 days - when they
      took the O2 off, she'd go into respiratory distress and collapse
      within seconds. It took her lungs and chest just 2 days to re-fill
      with fluid, and the vets said that she wouldn't survive another chest
      tap. I did what I could to maintain her and treat her symptoms until
      the lab results came back – no fungal infection. When I showed the
      x-rays to a rad-tech who has 30 years of experience, he said that she
      had end-stage lung cancer. Apparently cats are great at hiding illness
      until the last second, and Princess was no exception – I guess she
      wanted to spend every moment she could with me. Because I wasn’t home
      during the day a lot, she was over at Julie’s, and Julie said that she
      would disappear until I walked in the door, then she would come
      running to greet me.

      I was there, holding her and petting her and telling her that I loved
      her when the end came on Saturday afternoon about 3 PM Pacific time.

      I miss her a lot. I miss spoiling her, I miss her curling up with me
      at night to sleep, I miss the way she’d sneak into my lap during car
      trips, I miss her meow when I’d come in at the end of the day. I fell
      in love with her the second I laid eyes on her 6 years ago, and I will
      always love her and miss her terribly.

      You can see how beautiful she was at
      http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs191.snc4/37880_418227871235_507381235_4573080_2785340_n.jpg
    • Brown Hobby
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 1, 2010
        My life has been blessed with the love of a few precious tabbies and tigers, but never such a silver-lined cloud-cat as your beautiful Princess.  Thank you for giving her the life of her dreams.  May your heart heal with each loving, happy memory that whispurrs through your mind on mystical, magical, silent velvet paws.

        Brown

        On 8/1/10, Ed Carp <erc@...> wrote:
        Princess ... I will always love her and miss her terribly.
      • Stardancer
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 1, 2010
          Oh Ed, I am so very, very sorry that little Princess has gone, what a
          terrible loss, she was indeed very beautiful!
          I am always a little relieved to at least know that an animal leaves this
          world for the next knowing such true love and Princess knew such wonderful
          love for 6 years . . . . .
          Please take gentle care.
          Love Paige and Sirius Lee Cute
          May your heart join the song all creation is singing, sweet dreams little
          kitty . . . .

[...]

        • Leslie M. Kuretzky
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 1, 2010
            I am so so sorry

            What a beauty she was. I lost my Budgie George E on Friday. He wasnt well and then got better and antagonized my daughter like he always did and then he went downhill fast  :(

            HUGS to you

            Leslie

[...]

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                pet_bunny-digest@yahoogroups.com
                pet_bunny-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Kathy B.
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 1, 2010
              Oh Ed,

              I'm so very sorry. My heart goes out to you.

              Such a softly beautiful lady! I hope that in time you'll be able to
              smile at her memory.

              At candle is lit for Princess tabby.
              Love and comfort to you.

              Kathy B. and the Gang at Furkids Flat
              kayb007@...

              On Aug 1, 2010, at 6:11 AM, Ed Carp wrote:

              > You can see how beautiful she was at
              > http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs191.snc4/37880_418227871235_507381235_4573080_2785340_n.jpg

            • Cindy Scheel
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 1, 2010
                Dear Ed,

                I am so sorry to hear of Princess's crossing. She was indeed very beautiful, and it sounds that she was utterly devoted to you, as you to her.

                I will light our candle for her journey. May the Bridge be filled with catnip.

                Cindy

                On Aug 1, 2010, at 3:11 AM, Ed Carp wrote:

                I was there, holding her and petting her and telling her that I loved
                her when the end came on Saturday afternoon about 3 PM Pacific time.

              • William Tricomi
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 1, 2010
                  Ed,

                  My condolences on the loss of Princess. You gave her a wonderful home,
                  life and love. We'll light a candle for her journey to the bridge.

                  Bill
                • Lorna Appleby
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 1, 2010
                    Awww.. I'm sorry your furkid went off to the bridge. She was a beautiful
                    lady and obviously generous of heart and purrs.

                    -Lorna
                  • Binks the Bunny
                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 1, 2010
                      What a beautiful photo! You both look very content. I'm so sorry Princess
                      went to the bridge but glad you two had 6 wonderful years together. She
                      sounds very special. Thank you for sharing some of your memories of her
                      with us.

                      Nancy,
                      Carter, Harvey & Olivia
                      And Boo the cat who sends purrs to you.

                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 1, 2010

                        Dear Leslie, I am so sorry to hear that you lost another little budgie, fly free little George E  . . . .

                        Love Paige and Sirius Lee Cute \

                        Big Love 4 email

                        Message 11 of 17 , Aug 1, 2010
                          I saw the picture she is and will always be beautiful.I'm so sorry for your
                          loss.
                          My heart hurts for you, my friend.

                          Robert Bonanno
                          rbonanno1@...
                          813-817-8521 (M)
                          813-689-2956 (H)

                          I was there, holding her and petting her and telling her that I loved
                          her when the end came on Saturday afternoon about 3 PM Pacific time.

                          I fell
                          in love with her the second I laid eyes on her 6 years ago, and I will
                          always love her and miss her terribly.

                          You can see how beautiful she was at
                          http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs191.snc4/37880_418227871235_50
                          7381235_4573080_2785340_n.jpg

                          ------------------------------------
                        • Suzie Welker
                          Message 12 of 17 , Aug 1, 2010
                            Sorry for your loss Ed.  She was a very beautiful cat.  She will  be missed greatly.
                            Suzie & Bunnies

                            Suzie Welker
                            270-839-6144 Cell
                            http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/kybunnies
                            http://stores.ebay.com/Treasures4You-bykybunnies?_rdc=1
                            http://treasures4youbykybunnies.ecrater.com/

                            On 8/1/2010 7:50 PM, Robert Bonanno wrote:

                            I saw the picture she is and will always be beautiful.I'm so sorry for your
                            loss.
                            My heart hurts for you, my friend.

                            Robert Bonanno
                            rbonanno1@...
                            813-817-8521 (M)
                            813-689-2956 (H)

                            I was there, holding her and petting her and telling her that I loved
                            her when the end came on Saturday afternoon about 3 PM Pacific time.

                            I fell
                            in love with her the second I laid eyes on her 6 years ago, and I will
                            always love her and miss her terribly.

                            You can see how beautiful she was at
                            http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs191.snc4/37880_418227871235_50
                            7381235_4573080_2785340_n.jpg

                            ------------------------------------

                          • Michael Schornstein
                            Message 13 of 17 , Aug 1, 2010
                              Ed,
                              I am sorry to hear about Princess the tabby. You both will be in my
                              thoughts and prayers.

                              Michael

                              Message 14 of 17 , Aug 2, 2010
                                I am so sorry for your loss Ed.  We are facing a similiar situation with the beloved JT (canine/kidney failure).  We feel your hurt at the loss.  We extend our condolences and will light our candle.
                                cyber hugs,
                                Jane

                                Message 15 of 17 , Aug 2, 2010
                                  Ed, Princess is so pretty.  I am very sorry for your loss.  I will light a candle for her journey to the Bridge.

                                  Dottie, Thumper, Sadie, Skittles, Cadbury, Jelly Bean, Biscuit, Molly, Snickers, and my ATB Bunnies - Twinky and Muffin

                                  http://community.webshots.com/user/Upears

                                  On Aug 1, 2010, at 6:11 AM, Ed Carp wrote:

                                  .

                                  I miss her a lot. I miss spoiling her, I miss her curling up with me
                                  at night to sleep, I miss the way she’d sneak into my lap during car
                                  trips, I miss her meow when I’d come in at the end of the day. I fell
                                  in love with her the second I laid eyes on her 6 years ago, and I will
                                  always love her and miss her terribly.

                                  You can see how beautiful she was at
                                  http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs191.snc4/37880_418227871235_507381235_4573080_2785340_n.jpg

                                  <*> Your email settings:
                                     Individual Email | Traditional

                                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                                     (Yahoo! ID required)

                                  <*> To change settings via email:
                                     pet_bunny-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                     pet_bunny-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                • Darin Ritchie
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Aug 3, 2010
                                    Ed,

                                    I'm so sorry that you needed to help Princess start her journey to the
                                    Rainbow Bridge. :-( My sincere sympathies and condolences to you. As
                                    well as lots of comforting vibes. I will light a candle for Princess'
                                    journey to the Rainbow Bridge.

                                    Sincerely,

                                    Darin.

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Aug 4, 2010
                                      Ed,

                                      I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Princess. I will light a belated candle in her honor this evening. My thoughts and prayers are with you. <hugs>

                                      Rhonda, Clementine, Vanessa, Cassidy, Clancy & Cricket
                                      ^j^ King Valentine ~~January 1, 2000 - January 15, 2008~~
                                      welchkin@...