Dear god how do I get Fool cards?! >_

  • nyarlthotep@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2002
      Alright...I know one way is to make maps and give them to that guy who
      reminds me of the guy from Raiders of the Lost Ark. The problem is.. he only
      gave me 3 cards.. and I need 4! >_<' Someone told me that you can get them
      talking to demons when you get a Silver Dragon when you get your fortunes
      told. Does anyone know what responce the demons have to give to give you fool
      cards? Do they need to be under a contract first before they'll give them to
      you? Any help would be great.
    • bradh43
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2002
        nyarlthotep wrote:
        >Alright...I know one way is to make maps and give them
        >to that guy who reminds me of the guy from Raiders of
        >the Lost Ark. The problem is.. he only gave me 3 cards..
        >and I need 4! >_<' Someone told me that you can get
        >them talking to demons when you get a Silver Dragon
        >when you get your fortunes told. Does anyone know what
        >responce the demons have to give to give you fool
        >cards? Do they need to be under a contract first before
        >they'll give them to you? Any help would be great.

        What I'm about to say might sound discouraging.

        I'm by no means a master of this game, but in the 250+
        hours I've played it, I've gotten two FOOL cards from
        demons. Both were the result of blind luck.

        What I can tell you is that you need to have a
        conversation that lasts through at least four consecutive
        turns. The demon must be made Angry twice and Interested
        twice in any order. If you make it through that minefield,
        there's a 1/32 chance that it will ask the FOOL question.
        There is not one, set, FOOL question, but you'll probably
        recognize it because one of the options will allow you
        to prove yourself to be a Grade-A nincompoop -- such as
        tellin a demon that you'd give your life in exchange
        for immortality.

        The only help the Silver Dragon effect gives you is
        that it gives you more chances to successfully complete
        a four-response conversation. Also, a good place to
        go FOOL hunting is on the third floor of Kasu High,
        since Mou Shobou and Ixtab both have the same
        personality and are often found together.

        ---
        Brad
      • personaep
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2002
          --- In personaep@y..., "bradh43" <bradhorn@a...> wrote:
          > nyarlthotep wrote:
          > >Alright...I know one way is to make maps and give them
          > >to that guy who reminds me of the guy from Raiders of
          > >the Lost Ark. The problem is.. he only gave me 3 cards..
          > >and I need 4! >_<' Someone told me that you can get
          > >them talking to demons when you get a Silver Dragon
          > >when you get your fortunes told. Does anyone know what
          > >responce the demons have to give to give you fool
          > >cards? Do they need to be under a contract first before
          > >they'll give them to you? Any help would be great.
          >
          > What I'm about to say might sound discouraging.
          >
          > I'm by no means a master of this game, but in the 250+
          > hours I've played it, I've gotten two FOOL cards from
          > demons. Both were the result of blind luck.
          >
          > What I can tell you is that you need to have a
          > conversation that lasts through at least four consecutive
          > turns. The demon must be made Angry twice and Interested
          > twice in any order. If you make it through that minefield,
          > there's a 1/32 chance that it will ask the FOOL question.
          > There is not one, set, FOOL question, but you'll probably
          > recognize it because one of the options will allow you
          > to prove yourself to be a Grade-A nincompoop -- such as
          > tellin a demon that you'd give your life in exchange
          > for immortality.
          >
          > The only help the Silver Dragon effect gives you is
          > that it gives you more chances to successfully complete
          > a four-response conversation. Also, a good place to
          > go FOOL hunting is on the third floor of Kasu High,
          > since Mou Shobou and Ixtab both have the same
          > personality and are often found together.
          >

          > ---
          > Brad

          Hrm, I'll have to try it out since I'd really like to use that Jun-
          ancestor-who's-name-I-forget-just-now's persona. I also heard that if
          you get 999 tarot cards in all the groups, even free cards you can
          get 999 fool cards from that map maker guy when you return a map. I
          don't think I want to spend the time collecting that many cards
          though, and I HATE making maps. I always miss some little piece and
          he gives me nothing for my effort ;_;
        • bradh43
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 3, 2002
            "personaep" <nyarlthotep@a...> wrote:
            >Hrm, I'll have to try it out since I'd really like to
            >use that Jun-ancestor-who's-name-I-forget-just-now's
            >persona. I also heard that if you get 999 tarot cards
            >in all the groups, even free cards you can get 999 fool
            >cards from that map maker guy when you return a map. I
            >don't think I want to spend the time collecting that
            >many cards though, and I HATE making maps. I always
            >miss some little piece and he gives me nothing for
            >my effort ;_;

            As far as I know, the 999 card trick only works if
            you haven't gotten any FOOL cards at all. I wouldn't
            worry about it. Junnosuke, like all of the
            Ancestral Personae, is terrible. The only argument
            I've found for him is that he can be returned for
            the Carma Ring.

            Salam gives you three FOOL cards for finishing the
            map of Monado Mandala. Map-making is simple if
            you remember that you get a message telling you
            when the map is complete.

            ---
            Brad