  • Jessica Brown
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 21, 2003
      Until I got to the very end of the game (which I was
      NEVER able to beat, no matter how hard I tried or
      leveled up beforehand) Tatsuya was way ahead of the
      rest of my characters. Anyone have a favorite set of
      Personas for the final battle? Once I'm done with
      Final Fantasy Tactics Advance I think I may restart my
      EP game...

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • bradh43
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 22, 2003
        --- Jessica Brown <jessica_r_brown@y...> wrote:
        > Until I got to the very end of the game (which I was
        > NEVER able to beat, no matter how hard I tried or
        > leveled up beforehand) Tatsuya was way ahead of the
        > rest of my characters. Anyone have a favorite set of
        > Personas for the final battle? Once I'm done with
        > Final Fantasy Tactics Advance I think I may restart my
        > EP game...

        It's been a while since I've played, and I'm having
        trouble remembering if you can add a nuclear spell
        to a water-type persona or not. Oh well, even if you
        can't, you can still add lightning. Here goes:

        Maya - 66 FORTUNE Skuld + Any
        Ulala - 51 PRIESTESS Izanami + Ziodyne (or Freidyne)
        Katsuya - 74 JUSTICE Pallas Athena
        Baofu - 61 HANGEDMAN Prometheus + Bufudyne
        Tatsuya - 62 SUN Apollo

        Notable Fusions:
        Pantheon (holy + almighty + Hieros Glupaine)
        Maha Maka Kaja (Maka Kaja + Affectionate Prayer)
        Lightning Blast (if Izanami has Ziodyne)
        Nuclear Blast
        Nuclear Crush (nuclear + almighty + Heat Kaiser)
        Ice Blast
        Ice Crush (ice + almighty + Diamond Dust)
        Stone Rise

        basic strategy:
        round 1: Maha Maka Kaja + Nuclear Crush
        then Lightning Blast + Nuclear Crush
        (or Nuclear Blast + Pantheon)
        Heal and recast Maha Maka Kaja as needed
        Silver Manishas are *extremely* useful

        Adding Ziodyne to Izanami gives rise to the nuclear
        strategy, while Freidyne would allow for the use of
        Pantheon.

        FORTUNE Skuld can be replaced by any persona with a nuclear
        spell, but if substitution must be made, I'd go with either
        62 WORLD Uroboros or 63 TEMPERANCE Suzaku with Freidyne
        added. This still allows for the Pantheon fusion, which
        also seems to be pretty effective against the Big N.

        Pallas Athena is a rare mutation from 64 PRIESTESS Scathach.
        If she mutates into PENTACLE Parvati, just store Parvati
        in the Velvet Room and resummon Scathach to try again.
        Since you can't have more than one of a given persona at
        a time, the next rare mutation will have to be Pallas Athena.

        Even if you don't use these personas, you can win with
        almost anyone. As a wise man said to me many moons ago:
        it's all in the fusions. Having a couple of good fusions
        will allow you to defeat any enemy in Eternal Punishment
        without too much trouble. Also, those early fusions like
        Stone Rise, actually do nasty damage when the terminus
        is a -dyne spell.

        It's tempting to use the ultimate personas, and Dragon Cross
        is powerful, but I prefer to keep my options open. Splitting
        my damage-dealers into two squads does a good job of that.
        Also, since Artemis is weak against physical, there's a good
        chance that Maya could die a horrible, messy death at any
        time. At the very least, she takes a lot of damage. Then
        you can't use Dragon Cross, since you're too busy healing
        or Tetrakarn-ing her.

        The fight with the Big N is also time to break out those
        Somas and Gem Rings you've been saving up. And I cannot
        overemphasize the usefulness of Silver Manishas. Allowing
        your entire party to void Holy/Dark spells is a big help
        against him, as Chaos Element can ruin your day.

        ---
        Brad
      • purebloodbath
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 23, 2004
          --- In personaep@yahoogroups.com, "bradh43" <bradhorn@a...> wrote:
> [...]
          > without too much trouble. Also, those early fusions like
          > Stone Rise, actually do nasty damage when the terminus
          > is a -dyne spell.
          >
          > It's tempting to use the ultimate personas, and Dragon Cross
          > is powerful, but I prefer to keep my options open. Splitting
          > my damage-dealers into two squads does a good job of that.
          > Also, since Artemis is weak against physical, there's a good
          > chance that Maya could die a horrible, messy death at any
          > time. At the very least, she takes a lot of damage. Then
          > you can't use Dragon Cross, since you're too busy healing
          > or Tetrakarn-ing her.
          >
          > The fight with the Big N is also time to break out those
          > Somas and Gem Rings you've been saving up. And I cannot
          > overemphasize the usefulness of Silver Manishas. Allowing
          > your entire party to void Holy/Dark spells is a big help
          > against him, as Chaos Element can ruin your day.

          Just as anote to add, a great Persona to have equipped also is the
          Persona Hastur who is at level 62. You get him by going up to the
          Wang Long girl in the 2x Slash cafe and having her read your
          fortune, and instead of typing in a month, you write something along
          the lines of HASTURCOMES something something. I forget, I'll try to
          get the info for you. If your characters have Heiros Glupaine,
          Nirvana, and spells that that are holy and have things that reflect
          Dark, you're good to go. He was very easy, considering I found alot
          of the other bosses very early inthe game much more challenging them
          him.