V1 Pops And Hesitation

  • hpmwphaser
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2008
      Me too on pops and hesitation. I did not have hesitation before with
      Beta031. Also, these pops are different from the previous pops which I
      reported for Beta031. Dallas
    • Jurgen Bartels
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2008
        > Me too on pops and hesitation. I did not have hesitation before with
        > Beta031. Also, these pops are different from the previous pops which I
        > reported for Beta031. Dallas

        Check in taskmager what the total CPU load is..

        On my AMD 2GHz (2 GB RAM) it uses about 50-65% and runs smoothly.
        I even can simultanously let Winradio G395 run using also the USB, then it get
        up to about 85%

        Recording & playback has the same load, and runs smoothly too

        All measured without internet browser that might temporarly load the CPU quite
        a bit, especially when running a flash app. So check with TM

        Jurgen
      • Jurgen Bartels
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2008
          > Check in taskmager what the total CPU load is..
          >
          > On my AMD 2GHz (2 GB RAM) it uses about 50-65% and runs smoothly.
          > I even can simultanously let Winradio G395 run using also the USB, then it get
          > up to about 85%
          >
          > Recording & playback has the same load, and runs smoothly too
          >
          > All measured without internet browser that might temporarly load the CPU quite
          > a bit, especially when running a flash app. So check with TM

          The above test ran with 1000kS/s

          Now I had this stuttering also. After I uploaded my email I started P. again
          and it stuttered. The CPU load was now 100%.
          So I exited it and then saw in TM that "Perseus" process still was active with
          99%. The Perseus UI was already gone.

          After killing that process, P. ran normal again. It seems that exiting was not
          finished til the end

          Jurgen
        • Walter Salmaniw
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1, 2008
            At 05:44 AM 3/1/2008, you wrote:

            >> Me too on pops and hesitation. I did not have hesitation before with
            >> Beta031. Also, these pops are different from the previous pops which I
            >> reported for Beta031. Dallas
            >
            >Check in taskmager what the total CPU load is..
            >
            >On my AMD 2GHz (2 GB RAM) it uses about 50-65% and runs smoothly.
            >I even can simultanously let Winradio G395 run using also the USB, then it get
            >up to about 85%
            >
            >Recording & playback has the same load, and runs smoothly too
            >
            >All measured without internet browser that might temporarly load the CPU quite
            >a bit, especially when running a flash app. So check with TM
            >
            >Jurgen

            Jurgen, I know this has nothing to do with any problems with Perseus. Yes, when running Perseus at high bandwidths the Task Manager indeed is up in the high numbers and frequently hitting 100% (now, I tend to be hard on my laptop with lots of Firefox windows open, along with Eudora and Word, so I'm not surprised). I just picked up a fast Inspiron e1505 on eBay, so hopefully this will all be history! .......Walt.