Wandering "Birdie" in Waterfall / Spect.

  • richard.wietek
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26, 2010
      Hello,

      i found a kind of Birdie...

      Antennainput terminated with 50Ohm dummy.
      2000kS/s, Span 200kHz, tuned to 1000kHz, in the centre of the waterfall.
      there you can see a birdie.

      If you tune upwards, for example 6kHz, you can see a birdie at 994kHz and on 1006kHz

      at 1000kS/s it works on 500kHz and accordingly to the ohter spamling-frequencies.

      Another strange signals are around 800kHz, there is always a signal in the center. If you drag the frequency scale, the Signal is always in the center.
      The Antennainput also terminated with 50 ohm dummy and 2000kS/s sampling rate.

      What is the reason for this behaviour?

      best regards
      Richard
    • Werner Karn

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1 2:58 PM
          Can anybody repeat this phenomen?
          I think its caused by the mathematics, but i can not proof...

          The Birdies are a little bit stronger without the 50Ohm termination.

          with best regards
          Richard