Re: System 7 64 bit question

  • alx_mtc
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2010
      No Chris, the perseus software works correctly on both 32 and 64 bit systems.
      This is one of the main reasons for moving to a WinUSB driver for Perseus (instead of the previous Cypress driver).

      --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Black" <n1cp@...> wrote:

      > I will be getting new laptop with 64 bit System 7. Is there anything specific I should know or just download the latest version and install?
      >
      > Thanks
      > Chris
      > Cape Cod

    • Larry Ewan

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2010
          Re: [perseus_SDR] System 7 64 bit question
          Larry,  Ahhh soo.. Thanks for that. I never thought of VSPE. I presume I can get it from their site?

          Also, what is VAC? I just use VSPE and RecordScheduler right now. Does RecordScheduler also need an upgrade?

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1, 2010
            Re: [perseus_SDR] System 7 64 bit question Chris,
            VAC is virtual audio cable.  Lets you share an audio stream much the same as VSPE lets you share the com port.  I use it to connect HRD/DM780 to my radio output for digital decoding.  And yes, the 64 bit VSPE comes from the same place you got the 32 bit.  It’s not free, though.  I don’t use RecordScheduler yet so can’t answer that.

            Larry N9JY