ILG Radio Compatible Database

  • Guy Atkins
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2007
      Since the demise of the free version of the ILGRadio database, many
      DXers have missed this useful tool for stations and frequencies.

      A few weeks ago I learned of a collaborative effort to provide an
      ILGRadio-compatible database. Please see:

      http://www.ioc.com/

      Although listed as the "IOC ham radio frequency database," it is a
      thorough listing of shortwave broadcast stations, both tropical band
      (typically low power) stations and the major foreign services. I
      believe the IOC database has started off using the HFCC frequencies
      and other sources, but it is open to user input and editing through a
      voting process.

      After reviewing the content, it appears to me to be the best bet yet
      for a replacement for the ILGRadio database. Also see this link for
      further details:

      http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/browse_thread/threa
      d/f75b148f40e79114

      You can browse the database online, but full access is through a free
      registration at www.docuchannel.net. The ioc.com site provides
      details on how this all works; you will need make to sure you have
      the latest version of Sun Microsystems Java Plugin to take advantage
      of downloading. You should have at least version 6 rev 1.

      In future versions of the Perseus software, hopefully Nico will
      consider adding ILGradio compatible database/frequency loading such
      as found in the ERGO receiver control program (www.swldx.com).
      Although ILGRadio is no longer available to hobbyists, it was such a
      widely used format that I would like to see Perseus configured to
      take advantage of it, and hence this new ioc.com database source.

      73,

      Guy Atkins
      Puyallup, WA USA