Re: [perseus_SDR] Re: Software development?

  • Ian Wade G3NRW
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2010
      From: iv3nwv <nicopal@...>
      Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 Time: 15:28:18

      >The Perseus software for Windows is proprietary, Ian,
      >It has been written from scratch in my company and I don't plan to
      >place it in the open source domain.
      >
      >Togheter with the Perseus software for Windows, I have made available a
      >Windows SDRDK toolkit which allows third party software to interface to
      >the receiver hardware and allow users to implement their own
      >application. Alex's CW Skimmer is just the most recent example.
      >The toolkit currently requires that a license agreement is signed by
      >anyone who wishes to get a copy of it, but I will probably relax this
      >requirement soon.
      >
      >Even more recently I've developed a Perseus control software for Linux
      >OSs. This software will be publicly available under a GNU GPL license
      >and will allow to integrate the support for the Perseus receiver
      >hardware in open source SDR software packages (and maybe it could even
      >be ported to Windows or to other OSs) if someone would like to do it.
      >I've written this piece of software mainly thinking to the Linux
      >version of Leif's Linrad but I'd have nothing in contrary if it were
      >used in other open source applications.
      >
      >73s
      >Nico / IV3NWV

      Hi Nico

      Thank you for all the information.

      Final question: in your company, how many people do you have working
      directly on the Perseus software: 1? 2? 5? More?

      Ian, G3NRW
    • Alberto I2PHD
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2010
        On 2/1/2010 9:19 AM, Ian Wade G3NRW wrote:
        Final question: in your company, how many people do you have working
        directly on the Perseus software: 1? 2? 5? More?

        Nico will answer himself, but, as I know exactly how things are done in Microtelecom, I would answer :

          "Enough"

        73  Alberto  I2PHD

      • iv3nwv
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2010
          --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, Alberto I2PHD <i2phd@...> wrote:

          > On 2/1/2010 9:19 AM, Ian Wade G3NRW wrote:
          > > Final question: in your company, how many people do you have working
          > > directly on the Perseus software: 1? 2? 5? More?
          > >
          > Nico will answer himself, but, as I know exactly how things are done in
          > Microtelecom, I would answer :
          >
          > "Enough"

          LOL, Alberto.

          Anyway, there's no secret.
          As a direct reply to Ian: 2 engineers.
          Smart enough of course ;-)

          73s
          Nico / IV3NWV
        • Mauritsvandriessche@skynet.
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2010
            New version show Evaluation left  6 days   ?

            73,

            Maurits

            > On 2/1/2010 9:19 AM, Ian Wade G3NRW wrote:
            > > Final question: in your company, how many people do you have working
            > > directly on the Perseus software: 1? 2? 5? More?
            > >
            > Nico will answer himself, but, as I know exactly how things are done in
            > Microtelecom, I would answer :
            >
            > "Enough"

            LOL, Alberto.

            Anyway, there's no secret.
            As a direct reply to Ian: 2 engineers.
            Smart enough of course ;-)

            73s
            Nico / IV3NWV

          • Lasse
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 1, 2010
              That is the control software for the external converter that has 6 more
              days of evaluation...
              As stated in the release notes... for owners of Perseus the main soft is
              not time limited!

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 1, 2010
                Ok Lasse tnx.  install. again

                73,

                Maurits
                That is the control software for the external converter that has 6 more
                days of evaluation.. .
                As stated in the release notes... for owners of Perseus the main soft is
                not time limited!

                Mauritsvandriessche @skynet. skrev:

                > New version show Evaluation left 6 days ?
                >
                > 73,
                >
                > Maurits

              • Ian Wade G3NRW
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 1, 2010