Redirect the audio output

  • bombazuma
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2009
      I'm interested to know how to redirect the perseus audio output to a specific audio board between the three (!) I'll install on my pc (now there are two audio boards).

      More specific, I want the audio stream to be flowing through only one of the audio boards.

      Thanks and 73.

      Massimo I0MCF
    • hfdecoding
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2009
        Hello Massimo,

        To have the playback audio sent to the right device you'll need to set this in the Windows mixer as the default playback device.

        For playback Windows will obey whatever sound card you've chosen as the default device to play sounds. When you click the volume control you get the default "ding" whatever is playing that will play back sounds from any Windows program that HAS not overridden this. Perseus uses the default sound device for playback.

        If you want to route audio about then you'll need VAC or similar or a program like Audiogem which allows greater control over what gets played where.

        Have a look at http://www.novagemsolutions.com/Products/Audiogem/tabid/57/Default.aspx and a play with the demo might allow you to mix and match the audio streams.

        73

        Steve

        --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "bombazuma" <m.corinaldesi@...> wrote:

        > I'm interested to know how to redirect the perseus audio output to a specific audio board between the three (!) I'll install on my pc (now there are two audio boards).
        >
        > More specific, I want the audio stream to be flowing through only one of the audio boards.
        >
        > Thanks and 73.
        >

        > Massimo I0MCF

      • Matthias Zwoch
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2009
          bombazuma schrieb:

          > I'm interested to know how to redirect the perseus audio output to a
          > specific audio board between the three (!) I'll install on my pc (now
          > there are two audio boards).
          >
          > More specific, I want the audio stream to be flowing through only one of
          > the audio boards.
          >
          > Thanks and 73.
          >
          > Massimo I0MCF

          You could define your destination audio board as "standard output" in
          the "sounds and audiodevices" dialog in the system control panel.
          If you dont want to do this and you have VAC, you can also use the
          audiorepeater.exe which comes along VAC to grab the sound from "virtual
          cable 1" and put it to any of the installed audio boards.

          73 de Matthias
        • bombazuma
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 2009
            Thanks friends.
            I think I'll opt for adequately configuring the windows default sound device. In fact, following a message from Nico, the use of software bridges like VAC can create problems with Dream DRM decoder.

            The above solution imply to mute all others windows system's sounds: so it is a bit more difficult to use the pc also for normal uses. Perhaps could be better if I use a second (little) pc devoted entirely to the Perseus.

            73s