The Italian Mosquito Coast DX Team - Piancada 41

  • Nico iv3nwv
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 11, 2007
      Yesterday evening I've been invited by the IMC DX team at their
      Piancada location, close to the Adriatic Sea in the nort-eastern
      Italy, 30 Km south from the city where I live.
      The location is equipped with very long (300 - 750 m) Beverage
      antennas pointing from 240 to 350 degrees and is a marvelous place
      for medium wave AM BCL.

      Here is a partial log of the session from Alessandro Groppazzi,
      member of the IMC Dx Team:

      10 November
      1755 1566 KOR HLAZ, Jeju
      1811 1566 IND AIR Nagpur
      2100 4874.54 INS RRI Sorong
      2101 4789.95 INS RRI Fak Fak
      2152 1070 CAN CBA Moncton NB
      2216 1520 USA WWKB Buffalo NY
      2223 1500 USA WWWT Washington DC
      2316 1540 CAN CHIN Toronto ON
      2350 1390 USA WEGP Presque Isle ME
      2357 1320 CAN CKEC New Glasgow NS

      11 November
      0006 1130 USA WBBR New York NY
      0038 1700 USA KVNS Brownsville TX
      0111 590 CAN VOCM St.John's NL
      0112 620 CAN CKCM Grand Falls NL
      0137 1510 USA WWZN Boston MA
      0145 680 CAN CFTR Toronto ON FIRST FOR PIA !
      0235 1650 USA WHKT Portsmouth VA
      0403 1470 CAN CJVB Vancouver BC FIRST FOR PIA !
      0439 1510 USA KGA Spokane WA FIRST FOR PIA !
      FIRST FOR ITALY ?
      0601 1410 CAN CFUN Vancouver BC FIRST FOR PIA !
      FIRST FOR ITALY ?

      Not bad, isn't it?

      Some nice pictures of the session are available in the Photos
      section of the group.

      It has been an exciting experience. Really thanks to the team for
      giving me the occasion to be there.

      73s
      Nico iv3nwv
    • Guy Atkins
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 11, 2007
        Hi Nico,

        Thank you for posting the photos! I always enjoy seeing pictures of
        DXpeditions and reading about them, no matter where in the world they
        are held.

        Perseus_SDR group members may like to read narratives and loggings,
        along with photos, of a recent MW DXpedition I took to the Queen
        Charlotte Island, BC Canada. These islands are also known as the
        Haida Gwaii Indian Nation, named for the indigenous people from that
        part of the world. Here is the link on DXing.info:

        http://www.dxing.info/dxpeditions/haida_gwaii_09_2007.dx

        Half-way through the article are the links to the slide show of
        photos, one link broadband (cable/DSL) internet connections, and
        another with file sizes more suitable for dial-up connections.

        Best DX,

        Guy Atkins KE7MAV
        Puyallup, WA USA

        -- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Nico iv3nwv" <nicopal@...> wrote:

        > Yesterday evening I've been invited by the IMC DX team at their
        > Piancada location, close to the Adriatic Sea in the nort-eastern
        > Italy, 30 Km south from the city where I live.
        > The location is equipped with very long (300 - 750 m) Beverage
        > antennas pointing from 240 to 350 degrees and is a marvelous place
        > for medium wave AM BCL.
        >
        > Here is a partial log of the session from Alessandro Groppazzi,
        > member of the IMC Dx Team:

        <SNIP>
      • Nico iv3nwv
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 11, 2007
          Guy,
          I've given a look to your report and photos and I liked them very
          much.
          Thanks for the link, I'll pass it to my Mosquito Coast Dx Team
          friends. I'm sure they will appreciate.

          Best DX,
          Nico