RE: [perseus_SDR] after 3 days: comparing a PERSEUS and a IC-756ProIII

  • Chuck Hutton
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 6, 2008

      Rob:

      That should be “sndvol32” not sndvo132” (a lowercase ell, not a one digit).

      Chuck

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 6, 2008
        WOlfgang,

        I finally figured out you typed sndvoL132 so I tried that, and it
        brought up the sound control panel but no stereo mixer. Sigh...

        Rob

        Rob Moore wrote:

        >Hi Wolfgang,
        >
        >I tried this command 'sndvo132 /r' on my Gateway laptop, running XP SP2
        >and it says it can't find the program. Any idea what's up with this?
        >My other computer defaults to have the stereo Mixer present but I
        >haven't been able to get it on my laptop.
        >
        >Regards,
        >Rob
        >

        >oe1mww wrote:
        >

        >>Hi all,
        >>
        >>after 3 days (and nights):
        >>
        >>- the PERSEUS and my ProIII having the same sensivity.
        >>Any weak signal that I can hear on the ProIII can be heard
        >>with the same level on the PERSEUS. Quite impressive!
        >>
        >>I consider the tuning with the mouse wheel and the bandwidth
        >>setting on the PERSEUS faster and much more intuitive.
        >>
        >>- audio input by selecting the input of the sound card
        >>and marking the 'Stereo Mixer' works fine. Switch your
        >>PERSEUS software on, go to Start button and execute the
        >>command 'sndvol32 /r' and you will see the 'Stereomix'
        >>in your Sound Card Settings. Mark this input and start your
        >>other software. MixWin, DM780, or whatever sound software
        >>you would like to run. No need for an Virtual Audio Cable.
        >>
        >>- on my wish list is the Noise Reduction. The NR button
        >>is already on the PERSEUS screen. Compared the PERSEUS
        >>audio with the ProIII is like having the NR off at the
        >>ProIII. Without a signal the background noise is fairly
        >>present at the PERSEUS.
        >>
        >>Btw. I compared signals on 17/20/30 and 40m connected to
        >>my Hy-Gain AV-640 Patriot HF vertical.
        >>
        >>73
        >>Wolfgang, OE1MWW
        >>

        >>Yahoo! Groups Links
        >>

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • oe1mww
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 6, 2008
          --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, Rob Moore <rmoore5@...> wrote:

          > I finally figured out you typed sndvoL132 so I tried that...

          Rob, you have to type:

          SNDVOL32 /R

          Remark: type in upper case or lower case, it doesn't matter.
          You need the /R this is for the recording section.

          73
          Wolfgang, OE1MWW
        • Rob Moore
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 7, 2008
            Hi Wolfgang,

            I tried that and there's no Stereo mixer on my laptop.

            Rob

            oe1mww <oe1mww@...> wrote:
            --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, Rob Moore wrote:

            > I finally figured out you typed sndvoL132 so I tried that...

            Rob, you have to type:

            SNDVOL32 /R

            Remark: type in upper case or lower case, it doesn't matter.
            You need the /R this is for the recording section.

            73
            Wolfgang, OE1MWW

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:perseus_SDR-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:perseus_SDR-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • guardian50002001
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 13, 2008
              --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "oe1mww" <oe1mww@...> wrote:

              > Hi all,
              >
              > after 3 days (and nights):
              >
              > - the PERSEUS and my ProIII having the same sensivity.
              > Any weak signal that I can hear on the ProIII can be heard
              > with the same level on the PERSEUS. Quite impressive!
              >
              > I consider the tuning with the mouse wheel and the bandwidth
              > setting on the PERSEUS faster and much more intuitive.
              >
              > - audio input by selecting the input of the sound card
              > and marking the 'Stereo Mixer' works fine. Switch your
              > PERSEUS software on, go to Start button and execute the
              > command 'sndvol32 /r' and you will see the 'Stereomix'
              > in your Sound Card Settings. Mark this input and start your
              > other software. MixWin, DM780, or whatever sound software
              > you would like to run. No need for an Virtual Audio Cable.
              >
              > - on my wish list is the Noise Reduction. The NR button
              > is already on the PERSEUS screen. Compared the PERSEUS
              > audio with the ProIII is like having the NR off at the
              > ProIII. Without a signal the background noise is fairly
              > present at the PERSEUS.
              >
              > Btw. I compared signals on 17/20/30 and 40m connected to
              > my Hy-Gain AV-640 Patriot HF vertical.
              >
              > 73
              > Wolfgang, OE1MWW

              Hi Wolfgang,

              Please could you give a more in depth review of the Perseus against
              the PROIII.

              Regards

              Gary