Re: [perseus_SDR] after 3 days: comparing a PERSEUS and a IC-756ProIII

  • Rob Moore
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 6, 2008
      Hi Wolfgang,

      I tried this command 'sndvo132 /r' on my Gateway laptop, running XP SP2
      and it says it can't find the program. Any idea what's up with this?
      My other computer defaults to have the stereo Mixer present but I
      haven't been able to get it on my laptop.

      Regards,
      Rob

      oe1mww wrote:

      >Hi all,
      >
      >after 3 days (and nights):
      >
      >- the PERSEUS and my ProIII having the same sensivity.
      >Any weak signal that I can hear on the ProIII can be heard
      >with the same level on the PERSEUS. Quite impressive!
      >
      >I consider the tuning with the mouse wheel and the bandwidth
      >setting on the PERSEUS faster and much more intuitive.
      >
      >- audio input by selecting the input of the sound card
      >and marking the 'Stereo Mixer' works fine. Switch your
      >PERSEUS software on, go to Start button and execute the
      >command 'sndvol32 /r' and you will see the 'Stereomix'
      >in your Sound Card Settings. Mark this input and start your
      >other software. MixWin, DM780, or whatever sound software
      >you would like to run. No need for an Virtual Audio Cable.
      >
      >- on my wish list is the Noise Reduction. The NR button
      >is already on the PERSEUS screen. Compared the PERSEUS
      >audio with the ProIII is like having the NR off at the
      >ProIII. Without a signal the background noise is fairly
      >present at the PERSEUS.
      >
      >Btw. I compared signals on 17/20/30 and 40m connected to
      >my Hy-Gain AV-640 Patriot HF vertical.
      >
      >73
      >Wolfgang, OE1MWW
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Chuck Hutton
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 6, 2008

        Rob:

        That should be “sndvol32” not sndvo132” (a lowercase ell, not a one digit).

        Chuck

        oe1mww wrote:

        >Hi all,
        >
        >after 3 days (and nights):
        >
        >- the PERSEUS and my ProIII having the same sensivity.
        >Any weak signal that I can hear on the ProIII can be heard
        >with the same level on the PERSEUS. Quite impressive!
        >
        >I consider the tuning with the mouse wheel and the bandwidth
        >setting on the PERSEUS faster and much more intuitive.
        >
        >- audio input by selecting the input of the sound card
        >and marking the 'Stereo Mixer' works fine. Switch your
        >PERSEUS software on, go to Start button and execute the
        >command 'sndvol32 /r' and you will see the 'Stereomix'
        >in your Sound Card Settings. Mark this input and start your
        >other software. MixWin, DM780, or whatever sound software
        >you would like to run. No need for an Virtual Audio Cable.
        >
        >- on my wish list is the Noise Reduction. The NR button
        >is already on the PERSEUS screen. Compared the PERSEUS
        >audio with the ProIII is like having the NR off at the
        >ProIII. Without a signal the background noise is fairly
        >present at the PERSEUS.
        >
        >Btw. I compared signals on 17/20/30 and 40m connected to
        >my Hy-Gain AV-640 Patriot HF vertical.
        >
        >73
        >Wolfgang, OE1MWW
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Rob Moore
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 6, 2008
          WOlfgang,

          I finally figured out you typed sndvoL132 so I tried that, and it
          brought up the sound control panel but no stereo mixer. Sigh...

          Rob

          Rob Moore wrote:

          >Hi Wolfgang,
          >
          >I tried this command 'sndvo132 /r' on my Gateway laptop, running XP SP2
          >and it says it can't find the program. Any idea what's up with this?
          >My other computer defaults to have the stereo Mixer present but I
          >haven't been able to get it on my laptop.
          >
          >Regards,
          >Rob
          >

          >oe1mww wrote:
          >

          >>Hi all,
          >>
          >>after 3 days (and nights):
          >>
          >>- the PERSEUS and my ProIII having the same sensivity.
          >>Any weak signal that I can hear on the ProIII can be heard
          >>with the same level on the PERSEUS. Quite impressive!
          >>
          >>I consider the tuning with the mouse wheel and the bandwidth
          >>setting on the PERSEUS faster and much more intuitive.
          >>
          >>- audio input by selecting the input of the sound card
          >>and marking the 'Stereo Mixer' works fine. Switch your
          >>PERSEUS software on, go to Start button and execute the
          >>command 'sndvol32 /r' and you will see the 'Stereomix'
          >>in your Sound Card Settings. Mark this input and start your
          >>other software. MixWin, DM780, or whatever sound software
          >>you would like to run. No need for an Virtual Audio Cable.
          >>
          >>- on my wish list is the Noise Reduction. The NR button
          >>is already on the PERSEUS screen. Compared the PERSEUS
          >>audio with the ProIII is like having the NR off at the
          >>ProIII. Without a signal the background noise is fairly
          >>present at the PERSEUS.
          >>
          >>Btw. I compared signals on 17/20/30 and 40m connected to
          >>my Hy-Gain AV-640 Patriot HF vertical.
          >>
          >>73
          >>Wolfgang, OE1MWW
          >>

          >>Yahoo! Groups Links
          >>

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • oe1mww
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 6, 2008
            --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, Rob Moore <rmoore5@...> wrote:

            > I finally figured out you typed sndvoL132 so I tried that...

            Rob, you have to type:

            SNDVOL32 /R

            Remark: type in upper case or lower case, it doesn't matter.
            You need the /R this is for the recording section.

            73
            Wolfgang, OE1MWW
          • Rob Moore
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 7, 2008
              Hi Wolfgang,

              I tried that and there's no Stereo mixer on my laptop.

              Rob

              oe1mww <oe1mww@...> wrote:
              --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, Rob Moore wrote:

              > I finally figured out you typed sndvoL132 so I tried that...

              Rob, you have to type:

              SNDVOL32 /R

              Remark: type in upper case or lower case, it doesn't matter.
              You need the /R this is for the recording section.

              73
              Wolfgang, OE1MWW

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
              mailto:perseus_SDR-digest@yahoogroups.com
              mailto:perseus_SDR-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • guardian50002001
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 13, 2008
                --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "oe1mww" <oe1mww@...> wrote:

                > Hi all,
                >
                > after 3 days (and nights):
                >
                > - the PERSEUS and my ProIII having the same sensivity.
                > Any weak signal that I can hear on the ProIII can be heard
                > with the same level on the PERSEUS. Quite impressive!
                >
                > I consider the tuning with the mouse wheel and the bandwidth
                > setting on the PERSEUS faster and much more intuitive.
                >
                > - audio input by selecting the input of the sound card
                > and marking the 'Stereo Mixer' works fine. Switch your
                > PERSEUS software on, go to Start button and execute the
                > command 'sndvol32 /r' and you will see the 'Stereomix'
                > in your Sound Card Settings. Mark this input and start your
                > other software. MixWin, DM780, or whatever sound software
                > you would like to run. No need for an Virtual Audio Cable.
                >
                > - on my wish list is the Noise Reduction. The NR button
                > is already on the PERSEUS screen. Compared the PERSEUS
                > audio with the ProIII is like having the NR off at the
                > ProIII. Without a signal the background noise is fairly
                > present at the PERSEUS.
                >
                > Btw. I compared signals on 17/20/30 and 40m connected to
                > my Hy-Gain AV-640 Patriot HF vertical.
                >
                > 73
                > Wolfgang, OE1MWW

                Hi Wolfgang,

                Please could you give a more in depth review of the Perseus against
                the PROIII.

                Regards

                Gary