Re: New Perseus software version V21d available for download

  • Nico iv3nwv
    Message 1 of 33 , Jan 1, 2009
      > For those still worried, rest be assured.
      > Version 2.1d appears still to work on January 1 2019!

      Thank you for the test, Roelof :-)
      The expiration date bug was due that sometimes I use to place a time
      limit on unofficial versions which are distributed to a restricted
      number of users for testing purposes.
      When compiling the last v21c version I've simply forgot to remove a
      "#define EXPIRES" statement from the sources. I apologize for the
      mistake.
      It is not my policy (and it never will be) to place an expiration date
      to the Perseus software, as it is part of the product which is
      distributed along the hardware.

      Wishes,
      Nico
    • Hans Remeeus
      Message 33 of 33 , Sep 27, 2009
        It works afterall!!

        Pfff...

        With VSPE; Perseus and BobCAT with my Icom IC-7700 are now Synchronized.

        The problem was this:
        In my laptop I have a pretty high resolution display of of 1680x1050. In
        the Configuration of Windows 7 you can set the dimensions of the text in
        100, 125 and 150%. If you set this on 125 of 150% then it may cause
        problems with Perseus and BobCAT.

        Problem solved and happy op!

        73,
        Hans Remeeus (PA1HR)
        http://www.remeeus.eu
        Communication is about people, the rest is technology.

        Hans Remeeus schreef:
        > Today I tried for several hours, but on my laptop configuration Perseus
        > and BobCAT will not properly work with Windows 7 Ultimate. Not with VSPE
        > and not with Com0Com.
        >
        > The screen of BobCAT is mutilated/distorted and the little screen for
        > the Perseus frequency input is not fully been read-out.
        >
        > On my old laptop with Windows XP Professional everything works fine. I
        > will wait untill Windows 7 is not in the beta version anymore and try again.
        >
        > Thanks PE2HD for all the help!

        __________ Informatie van ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versie van database viruskenmerken 4408 (20090908) __________

        Het bericht is gecontroleerd door ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

        http://www.eset.com